Realistic portrait help

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

Re: Realistic portrait help

Postby Califmike33 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:06 am

Perfect thank you very much and now I understand how to list it I've never made any really big prints of some of my stuff so I don't know how much they degrade.

So I'm guessing if I set poster size I shouldn't have any problems I'm going to do some experiments and print out some 17 x 22 or 20 by 30 s and see what they actually look like when they get that large just out of curiosity.

And I also didn't know that they weren't actually selling oil paintings or watercolors there just prints that's good to know too.

Thanks again I appreciate.
Califmike33

Postby rgalka » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:58 pm

Just FYI.... FAA does not evaluate your images until a customer buys it. Then if they determine that it does not meet their standards they will ask you to upload a better quality image. Things like blurry photos or images obviously upscaled.

Also if the image that you are uploading to sell as prints is from an original your can mark it as original available with a price. If a customer is interested they will contact your through FAA and the transaction will then be handled directly between you and the customer.

Also when you are logged in and viewing your items the price you see is what it will cost you to purchase your own images.. you have to log out to see your images with the prices that your customer will see.
rgalka

Postby Califmike33 » Sun May 05, 2019 8:50 pm

Got a question for you guys when you choose a preset let's say Monet you click the little lock you can unlock how many strokes the other little arrow to the side let you pick just lots of little squares with pictures of other types of painters so when you choose one of these other types of squares or a picture of another painter or does it combine these 50/50 like half moon 1/2 the other artists that you clicked on or how does it come up how does it mix them?
Califmike33

Postby rgalka » Mon May 06, 2019 3:06 pm

If you are talking about the arrow next to the default pallet... that will show images and a folder called all impressions filled with more images. By choosing one of those images DAP will use the colors in that image for the painting pallet.

Is that what you were referring to?
rgalka

Postby Califmike33 » Mon May 06, 2019 7:29 pm

Yes that's what I was referring to but I didn't know that it used just the colors. I thought then it sort of took the style of the photo that you picked in mixed it with the style of the painter that you picked originally kind of combined them but your it's just using the color okay that's good to know thank you.

You know I've been using several programs over the last month-and-a-half and I kind of stepped away from this program but in the end when I print things out this program looks the most realistic.
Califmike33

Postby rgalka » Tue May 07, 2019 1:55 pm

I think the thing that DAP does differently is that it actually analyzes the image and follows the lines that it detects. There is a bit of artificial intelligence going on. It seems to try to recognize the subject of the image and treats it differently than the background. But of course it depends and the quality of the source and the complexity of the image.
rgalka

Previous

Return to Dynamic Auto Painter