[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4721: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4723: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4724: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4725: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
New MMBforums • View topic - Watercolor Painting

Watercolor Painting

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

Watercolor Painting

Postby Rachel » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:24 am

I would like to work on creating a great watercolor painting for a lot of my flowers. I'm not having much luck. Have you tried anything that gave good results? My problem is probably too many choices, I'm a sucker for a new Aop, ask Roc!
Rachel

Re: Watercolor Painting

Postby Gene_mtl » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:26 am

Regards,

Gene

RedBubble Galleries:
Photo Art Galleries:
Photography Galleries:
Blog:
Gene_mtl

Postby Rachel » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:48 am

Wow, thank you, Gene. I so appreciate the tips. I'll be back when I have something.
Rachel

Postby Rachel » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:57 am

Gene, I tried the Dreamy watercolors and you were correct! I like this one but I would like it a bit more transparent. Humm...
I will try again.
Attachments
watercolor-iris1_DAP_Dreamy.jpg
watercolor-iris1_DAP_Dreamy.jpg (193.02 KiB) Viewed 33198 times
Rachel

Postby Rachel » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:43 pm

Ok, ran it through realism first and then dreamy watercolors. Added a bit of black outline and went crazy with the lightening. I'll click submit and then I will be able to better compare the two.
Attachments
watercolor-iris_DAP_Realism.jpg
watercolor-iris_DAP_Realism.jpg (217.77 KiB) Viewed 33196 times
Rachel

Postby Wutz » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:51 pm

My Dap-galleries: and
Wutz

Postby Rachel » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:02 pm

Wutz, thanks for the tip. I was hoping the outline would look like a bit of under-lying pencil sketch. This one has a lot less of the outline. Humm... I'm going to have to google some watercolors. Do you have a favorite?
Attachments
watercolor-iris2web.jpg
watercolor-iris2web.jpg (221.02 KiB) Viewed 33184 times
Rachel

Postby Rachel » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:23 pm

Hampstead-Heath.jpg
Hampstead-Heath.jpg (44.14 KiB) Viewed 33177 times

I like this.

border-web.jpg
border-web.jpg (231.96 KiB) Viewed 33177 times

I like mine as well, but I don't know how much it looks like a watercolor.

I love the following. I found it on the web, not mine at all.
Attachments
dream watercolor.jpg
dream watercolor.jpg (178.45 KiB) Viewed 33177 times
Rachel

Postby Gene_mtl » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:38 pm

Rachel, of the three Iris images I like #2 (Realism plus DreamyWatercolor) the best. I think the outline works as I've seen a number of watercolours where the sketch underneath is still visible. You might want to create a separate sketch layer and overlay it on the image (a la Vitaly's Tutorial), This way you can better control of how strong or weak it appears.. If I had a small nit with #2, it is that the paper texture looks like a canvas rather than watercolour paper. Also when doing watercolours, try checking natural borders.
Regards,

Gene

RedBubble Galleries:
Photo Art Galleries:
Photography Galleries:
Blog:
Gene_mtl

Postby Fluffbutt » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:33 am

"makes you smile" - that's what it's all about, life: making someone you don't know smile and have a laugh..

I've found that the basic Aquarell works nicely on flowers, let it run for about 80 - 140 000 strokes.

I'm doing a lot of testing to find something that works for skin (I'm a photographer, I do weddings and glamour portraits (You know, nudey wife pictures to give to the hubby as a anniversary present). Something that makes the whole naked skin thing look good, without destroying too much detail and introducing weird colour casts.
Fluffbutt

Next

Return to Dynamic Auto Painter