Question RE: Export/PGN Transparency' images

Mediachance RDP

Question RE: Export/PGN Transparency' images

Postby megabizzy » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:13 pm

:?: I am wondering why there is a 'gray' edge around my images that I have saved via 'Export/PGN Transparency'

First I take a bitmap and use the 'Auto Transparency from Intensity' (wand on the top toolbar) to make it transparent.

Then I save the transparent image on my hard drive using the 'Export/PGN Transparency' feature.

Then I retrieve the transparent image onto the canvas...and viola! it has a GRAY edge all around the whole image.

This is okay if you are working on a gray background...duh...but on a dark background it shows up and looks like I took one of the RD paint brushes and outlined the bitmap all around it's edges! YIKES...

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? This is happening on every single image I have tried exporting this way...no matter what it is...

I would love any help I can get.

I also have another post up re: changing the settings for the 'undo times' within the bitmap editing page (paint brush canvas)
(note: I have changed my regular program undo settings via 'PROJECTS' then 'General settings'...but it still doesn't change the number for the paint brush canvas page.

Lyn (megabizzy)
megabizzy

Re: Question RE: Export/PGN Transparency' images

Postby megabizzy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:45 pm

:arrow: REPLYING TO MY OWN POST...LOL :lol:

:idea: Also, something else I discovered myself while working with transparency bitmaps (to get as much as the gray outline out of the bitmap):
(note: this may already in the help files)
1. First I used the 'Auto Transparency from Intensity' (wand on the top toolbar) to make bitmap transparent.

2. Then I went back and used the 'Color Transparency' wand and just clicked all around the outline of my transparent bitmap (adjusting the 'tolerance slider' as I went).
This helped a lot but still didn't take out the 'ghost' line completely.

3. THEN...I found this video tutorial video on 'cut outs and masking' in RD: http://tutorials.downloadroute.com/video-168589.html
(note: they have TONS of all types of little tutorial videos for other software as well).
This video was a little choppy to listen to, but it made sense and I have been trying the technique and it works well...but better with practice.

4. Then I used the 'circle' and 'square' tools to cover any remaining areas that were showing.

5. Then I went back and used the 'Color Transparency' wand and just clicked all around the outline of my transparent bitmap (adjusting the 'tolerance slider' as I went).
This helped a lot but still didn't take out the 'ghost' line completely but overall it looked VERY transparent.

6. Then I have found that I could (sometimes) use the 'Effects Pane' feature, choosing 'Drop Shadow' and that seems to hide the remaining yucky ghost line on most transparent bitmaps.

Alternative way works better: :mrgreen:
1. Open a second canvas work window.

2. Copy your image or insert one onto the 2nd canvas.

3. Perform your transparency on your 2nd canvas (1-6 above) and then just right click on it and choose 'copy' and then
go to your 1st canvas (without exporting/saving in PNG Transparency).

4. Once back at your 1st canvas (with your original photo or work), then just paste the transparency (copied from 2nd canvas screen) to anywhere on the
1st canvas screen, then move your transparency bitmap around to the location you want on your original photo/work.

Doing it this way, you won't have a saved transparent bitmap, but while still in the 2nd canvas screen, you can right click on it
and choose 'Add to Object Library' and your transparent bitmap will always be in your library when you want it (with very little to no gray ghost line).

At least this is what is working for me at this time...if anyone has any better idea, please let me know! :roll:

Lyn (megabizzy)
megabizzy

Postby xenon » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:34 am

I do not understand everything.
but I think we have the same problem, and we do not have much of solution
xenon

Postby megabizzy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:58 pm

This is true...however I have been working a LOT more with the masking tools and transparency tools
since I posted here. And it is possible to get most of the shadow out and then use the circle and the square tools to
finish getting out as much as the residue left over after masking:

Once you draw your circle or square around further areas that you want to make transparent
you click on Edit (top menu) then choose Select all then click on Bitmap (top menu) then choose Transparency
then choose 'object inverted.'

If you want to cut out all the transparent areas around the bitmap:
Draw a circle or a square completely around your bitmap (as close to the edge as you can get)
then you go to Edit then choose Select All then got to Bitmap and choose Crop to Object.

THEN if you still have a slight shadow you can use the 'EFFECTS tool bar and choose GLOW and set the color to the same color
as the bitmap OR you can use the BEVEL tool bar and choose FEATHER and set the color the same as the bitmap...
you can use the sliders in these tool bars to see the depth needed...

Lyn (megabizzy)

Note: The masking tool is fantastic...you just have to be very steady and skillful and keep practicing until
you get it just right.

Hope that all makes sense! :lol:

This is the best graphics program I have ever found or ever want to fine!!! I love it...Oscar is a GENIUS MIND!
megabizzy

Postby xenon » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:50 am

it is true, it's a very good tool.
I create a poster concert BT EXPRESS.
completely with software realdrawpro. and was an honor for me.

flyer, logo.
http://wspxenondesign.com/?page_id=15
xenon

Postby xenon » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:20 am

j'ai peut être une autre idée pour vous

can be another idea for you!

http://wspxenondesign.com/wp-content/mmbforum/trans.avi
xenon

Postby megabizzy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:12 am

Thank you! xenon, But I can't open that file because in the last couple of days my laptop's internet connection
capabilities wore out so today I have been re-setting up my late hubby's desktop computer...and MMB is not on ...
I am going to have to get it on here soon...the avi file is for mmb ... right?

Maybe you can tell me what the avi file was about?

Sorry, but I appreciate your help and I will come back here as soon as I get mmb on here...
BIG HUGS!
Lyn (megabizzy)
megabizzy

Postby xenon » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:30 am

Xvid MPEG-4 Codec ---->http://koepis-xvid-mpeg4-codec.softonic.fr/ (decodeur pour fichier *.avi) or ou http://www.01net.com/telecharger/window ... 26950.html

yes the file is a demo for the solution
xenon

Postby megabizzy » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:17 pm

Thank you, again! xenon, I followed your link to the download...but it is not in English, so I wouldn't know what I
am downloading and wouldn't be able to get help if something goes wrong. Sorry!

HUGS!
Lyn (megabizzy)
megabizzy

Postby xenon » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:12 pm

xenon

Next

Return to Real-DRAW PRO