DAP Caricature Plugin

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

DAP Caricature Plugin

Postby donrose » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:34 pm

I spent about 90 minutes creating the most hilarious caricature of a friend using the Caricature plugin in Dynamic AutoPainter. I find there is no way to save the caricature when the plugin is closed! It will not "SAVE", "SAVE AS" or even allow a screen capture! The only way to save it is to paint it in DAP after it's created. Per an email from R. Voska on 1/2/11, I attempted to paint it using the "Realism" AOP. The results were not satisfactory, so I attempted to re-open the caricature results from the plugin. I could not do so. I could not "undo" the painting. I lost everything. The photo reverted back to the original photo before I began to work on it in the plugin.

This plugin is absolutely fantastic. It gives results that have me ROTFL!! It works very well, and the caricatures are simply too funny for words. But it really needs a "SAVE" feature so the caricatured photo can be saved before the painting begins. Without that "SAVE" feature, it's a complete gamble. I really don't want to spend that much time and then lose everything.

Will the brilliant writers who created this plugin please upgrade it with the "SAVE" feature.

Thanks so much.
donrose

Re: DAP Caricature Plugin

Postby Wutz » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:43 pm

You can always save the result with the option File/Special/Save Layered PSD. With Photoshop or another graph-prog, that supports layers, you an recover your "caricatured" original.
Wutz

Postby mhwarner » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:06 pm

Wutz wrote:You can always save the result with the option File/Special/Save Layered PSD. With Photoshop or another graph-prog, that supports layers, you an recover your "caricatured" original.

That doesn't appear to work either. The option is grayed out for me but I haven't purchased the plugin. I guess plugins are only designed to be pre-proccessors for DAP? Too bad as I think caricature would be an excellent "slimmng" program to make subjects a bit less heavy (similar to Photoshop's liquify filter).
mhwarner

Postby Wutz » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:50 pm

mhwarner wrote:
Wutz wrote:You can always save the result with the option File/Special/Save Layered PSD. With Photoshop or another graph-prog, that supports layers, you an recover your "caricatured" original.

That doesn't appear to work either. The option is grayed out for me but I haven't purchased the plugin. I guess plugins are only designed to be pre-proccessors for DAP? Too bad as I think caricature would be an excellent "slimmng" program to make subjects a bit less heavy (similar to Photoshop's liquify filter).

OK - I was not clear enough: when your caricature is done, you DAP over it with any template for a few strokes - Stop - and then Save Layered PSD. You can the retieve the caricature as the lower layer in the .psd.
Wutz

Postby donrose » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:10 pm

Oh, it worked for me!! Thank you so much, Wutz.

Wutz wrote:
You can always save the result with the option File/Special/Save Layered PSD. With Photoshop or another graph-prog, that supports layers, you an recover your "caricatured" original.

To see just how TOTALLY FANTASTIC this plugin is, look at my caricature result:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dona_rose/5337229560/

I love it!!
donrose

Postby donrose » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:38 pm

Here's another one, though I edged it around a little more with the PS Liquify tool.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dona_rose/ ... otostream/
donrose

Return to Dynamic Auto Painter