Question for Oscar

Mediachance RDP

Question for Oscar

Postby Waldo5559 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:41 am

There are a number of 'bug" reports and enhancement requests sprinkled throughout this forum. Do you have a time table that you can share as to when Real Draw will be updated?

I am hopeful that this software will continue to be enhanced & updated. I am hoping for a confirmation that the continued development of Real Draw is still in your future plans. Thank you.
Waldo5559

Re: Question for Oscar

Postby Oscar » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:47 pm

Maybe it would be good to sum up the bugs and features in one post. I believe some of the bugs may be easier to do than others and fixing them can be attached to other workflow. I am not quite sure about some big features though, it seems the RD has now all that ever crossed my mind and it is getting rather unnecessary complex.
Oscar
Site Admin

Postby Mart » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:26 am

Being able to change the ruler from pixels to other units would be good.
Mart

Postby another_two » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:52 am

I vote for the gradient bug. It was reported in the old forum.
another_two

Postby megabizzy » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:39 pm

:) Hi! Oscar!

Can this item be added to 'bug's list' for the next update?

Bitmap transparency 'outline' ghosts:
Is there a way to update the 'transparency process' because I have always had problems with the 'ghostly gray edge'
on a bitmap after it is saved via 'Export/PGN Transparency.' I just posted about that in the last couple of days
here: http://www.mmbforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1094 (don't know if you saw that yet).

Thanks in advance! Oscar!

Lyn Monrean (megabizzy)
megabizzy

Postby silvercover » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:57 am

Hi folks,

As an old user of MediaChance products I highly recommend Oscar to implement HTML5 output into RealDraw. long ago we used to draw our websites template in RD and then use HTML Slicer to export it to table based HTML template and now that's almost useless.

Thanks to modern browsers and advancement of CSS/HTML we can now do our design table-less and we need some handy tools to export some parts of our design compatible with new standards such as HTML5 and its lovely canvas feature.

So if we could have HTML5 output (I know we have SVG output, but it does not enough) we can export our vector designs and shapes and speedup our design process and get rid of JavaScript coding to draw basic shapes. I'm sure adding this feature to RD or other MediaChance tools bring them to the next level and make them revolutionary.

Here are some examples to warm you up:

http://leonardosketch.org
http://tumultco.com/hype
silvercover

Postby megabizzy » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:29 pm

I have another FIX I would like to see in RDPro:

(when you want to resize a photo for use to fit a 'default' sized canvas)

I want to be able to just 'TYPE IN' the size I want INTO the little 'DIMENSIONS BOX' at the bottom (where RD shows the size of your photo)

...just TYPE IN the size I want and it would AUTOMATICALLY change the dimensions of the photo WITHOUT me having to 'grab the corner arrow' to resize..which is a pain in the you know where, trying to get it to the exact canvas size I need!

I think this feature IS in one of Oscar's other software programs? (I think it is, but not sure.) It sure saves a lot of time...for me, anyway!

HUGS!
Lyn (megabizzy)
megabizzy

Postby another_two » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:51 am

Hi Oscar,

What is the status for the "final" RDP update?
another_two

Postby Oscar » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:34 pm

For the ghostly outline, it depends what is the background color.
So if you put a dark edged object and keep white background, the aliasing may create parts of the image on the edges where the white background would still be seen little (as grey).
The solution is - make the background color black (or similar to the color of object edges)

Similarly for objects that have light edges, the bg color should be set as light.

BG color you set in the Project Size&Color
Oscar
Site Admin

Postby Death » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:34 pm

Will there be a .AI import?
The I could finally ditch Illustrator....

RealDraw Pro is the BEST proggy out there!
Death

Next

Return to Real-DRAW PRO