Post your AOPs here.

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

Re: Post your AOPs here.

Postby smmsamm » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:36 pm

smmsamm

Postby JEL » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:59 am

lylejk wrote:Hey Jel; I've been on this quest for years on and off. I recently pushed it again and started this thread at GIMPChat. Lots of good info there. The best that I've seen to create rand circles anyway is Perculator, but I don't have an iPod/iPad so it's out of the realm of posibilities for me. About to end my quest once again until a PC app comes my way though, but maybe you might be interested. Also, I like these Poincare like packed orbs that you showed by the way. Seen similar ones before. Did you create them, and, if so, what software did you use to do so? :)

Yes, I fell over that gimpchat thread when I initially googled for packed circles :)

No, I didn't create the 2 fractal images, but found them on the link that smmsamm mentions: http://www.hiddendimension.com/FractalMath/CircleInversionFractals.html
I'm not really sure which software one should go for to make such fractals, and the amount of freeware/open source programs is just over-whelming. "Apophysis" is one name that often pops up, but there are literally hundreds other to try out :) (and like I said; I don't know which one can make these orbs, so if you start now and try 1 a day you could probably find yourself busy for the rest of the year haha :lol: )
DAP (AOPs): http://jelstudio.dk/DAP/
PhotoReactor (flows, effects and scripts): http://jelstudio.dk/PhotoReactor/
JEL

Postby lylejk » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:43 pm

You got that right unfortunatly; like I said, the quest is years (literally) in the making and I've tried all kinds of one hit wonders (one day, I'm going to un-install all these programs that I've not used since then; lol) over the years. :)
lylejk

Postby lylejk » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:34 pm

At great expense to me (55¢), I redid my Sweethearts AOP. Enjoy. :)

http://ubuntuone.com/0KFUlGD7gVpHjTBvlLdtgb
Attachments
sh_DAP_sweethearts.jpg
sh_DAP_sweethearts.jpg (205.5 KiB) Viewed 6745 times
lylejk

Postby razzycat » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:45 pm

lylejk wrote:At great expense to me (55¢), I redid my Sweethearts AOP. Enjoy. :)

http://ubuntuone.com/0KFUlGD7gVpHjTBvlLdtgb

Thank you, Lyle.....this looks interesting!

Sharon
razzycat

Postby MickyP » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:25 am

Is there a template available to effect the style of Edvard Munch's 'The Scream'? or is there a technique with the current 64 bit version to achieve the same effect?
MickyP

Postby Fluffbutt » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:34 am

MickyP wrote:Is there a template available to effect the style of Edvard Munch's 'The Scream'? or is there a technique with the current 64 bit version to achieve the same effect?

The basic strokes are very similar to Van Gogh's (not the actual working, the texture, just the stroke style).

Try something like Pike's oil aop, or sunflowers aop, or funky impressionist aop and set the surreal slider way up high.

You'll also need to change to a palette that is more grungier - Munch's stuff was sort of subdued and dismal, with occasional shocks of colour.

Piker's Oil aop with 18000 strokes, surreal at max: Not perfect, it needs longer strokes and it's a little TOO surreal - but you get the idea.
¦
Fluffbutt

Postby anecessaryevil » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:05 pm

Tweaking this AOP.
Here is an example of what it can do right now.
Occidental Park 001-small - DAP_YAWCA.jpg
Occidental Park 001-small - DAP_YAWCA.jpg (230.07 KiB) Viewed 6638 times

The AOP does not add the outlines. I post-processed a bit to get that.
YAWCA = Yet Another WaterColor AOP
All photos I use are my photos unless otherwise noted in the post.
anecessaryevil

Postby mhwarner » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:07 pm

Dale,

I really like the look of this AOP. Can't wait for you to release it!
mhwarner

Postby anecessaryevil » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 am

Thanks, Mary.
Right now I am working on a couple additional palettes that hopefully will change the appearance enough to give it a broader range.
I hope it does not go like so many of the AOPs I make where I am never satisfied enough to put it out for others.
All photos I use are my photos unless otherwise noted in the post.
anecessaryevil

PreviousNext

Return to Dynamic Auto Painter