Photo-Brush File Size

Photo-Brush, DCE, Plugins and other mediachance graphics apps

Photo-Brush File Size

Postby JohnB » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:33 pm

I am in the middle of trying Photo-Brush out. I am looking for a program to automatically enhance all aspects of a photo.

Photo-Brush's DCEnhance feature seems to do the best job of all the software that I've tried so far. The only problem is the file size of the resulting JPG. Most programs increase the file size of the photo a little, but with Photo-Brush there's a dramatic increase. A '1 MB' file consistently becomes '4-5 MB'.

Am I doing something wrong or is this normal for the program?

Regards...JohnB
JohnB

Photo-Brush File Size

Postby JohnB » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:45 am

Does anbody have an answer to my question? :?
JohnB

Re: Photo-Brush File Size

Postby Maathai Wangari » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:13 am

You are doing a little mistake while saving your file. Sometime your open some helping properties to take help to sketch/ draw anything and not close that properties/ helping files. Make sure what types of helping applications appear on your program screen, close all those application and check the extension properly then save the file.

NTEP Scale
Maathai Wangari

Postby JohnB » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:55 am

Thanks for replying. If I understand you correctly, you're advising that I close all 'Panes' like the Basic Tools & Retouch. Is that what you mean by "properties/helping files".

I closed all panes as suggested. I ran DCEnhance on a photo and then saved it. The original had a size of 1.1 MB and the enhanced file was 6.3 MB. Is that similar to the results that you get with Photo-Brush?

Regards,
JohnB
JohnB

Postby pixelz » Wed May 01, 2013 6:16 pm

JohnB, Maybe you have the jpg quality set too high. At 100%, my original 1.5 MB jpg grew to 5.6 MB after saving. Try backing it down and see if a lower setting meets your needs.
pixelz

Postby JohnB » Fri May 10, 2013 11:51 pm

Hi pixelz,

Yes I am saving at 100%, but I have also saved at this level with a number of other programs. They have not resulted in such a large file size only Photo-Brush.

I do not understand why this happens, but it has been a consistent problem. If let's say, Picasa, saves an enhanced JPG with only a slight file size increase at 100%, why does PB yield such a large size for the same photo?

Regards...John :?
JohnB

Postby another_two » Sun May 12, 2013 6:52 am

100% quality in one program is not necessarily the same as 100% quality in another program. I suspect PB just applies settings resulting in the least possible lost of quality. I would not see this as a problem.
another_two

Return to Other Graphics Apps