Issue reports

Upcoming mother of all image editors

Re: Issue reports

Postby munki » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:20 pm

Sounds right to me Andy, and when I think about it, as I described opening images repetitively, I'm using the PR image browser window which occupies the real estate usually showing the preview area, which must initiate a redraw as it's a fresh image I'm loading in. I also scoot around in "Actual Pixels" view which probably contributes.

I muted PR individually in the sound mixer a while ago as it was bugging me when I was reading an audiobook, those beeps made me jump a couple of times too late at night :oops:

Photoshop also chops an image into small squares for previewing on screen and processing so it doesn't have to do some much at any one time. Sounds good but some effects can leave evidence of the squares boundaries in the output/processed image.

All the best,

-andy
munki

Postby SH01 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:17 pm

crash flow.JPG
crash flow.JPG (58.73 KiB) Viewed 10816 times

The flow above crashes PR every time I try to export the output image (it doesn't matter what the input image is) and produces the following error message:

error msg.JPG
error msg.JPG (17.75 KiB) Viewed 10816 times

It's not a very complex or exotic flow, so I can't figure out why it would do this!
SH01

Postby andydansby » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:35 pm

Dear SH01 :

You might want to list out each of the items in your group1 list, or is it only the segmentation? If others can reproduce it it might be narrowed down to a single plugin causing a crash, or possibly something wrong with the runtime library on your pc. You also might list the version of OS, 32 or 64 bit, RAM and sw version of PhotoReactor. All of these combined will help Oscar troubleshoot the issue.

I've found most items in PhotoReactor very hearty with no problems. I've caused PhotoReactor to crash only because I've been writing routines in C++ and have caused the issue myself.

take care
Andy Dansby
andydansby

Postby SH01 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:38 pm

Thanks Andy - The group in the screenshot has only the segmentation module, grouped in order to connect the mask. When I tried replacing the segmentation module with another type of module (a blur) it didn't crash. I'm running the 32bit version of PhotoReactor, v1.0.5 on Win XP, 3gb RAM (upgrading to a new system shortly!).
SH01

Postby munki » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:53 pm

Doesn't crash for me on win8 x64 PR 105

Not much help to you I'm afraid but might help to debug the issue. Maybe it's just the 32-bit version.

Can you mask with the "merge alpha" block instead of the group mask as a workaround?

alpha.jpg
alpha.jpg (82.85 KiB) Viewed 10792 times
munki

Postby SH01 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:29 pm

Yes, I can export the flow using the Merge Alpha node without crashing the program.
SH01

Postby JEL » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:34 pm

Can anyone verify this oddity?

First have a flow with a group minimized into a black box.

Then try to use the 'Tear and Re-Connect' (the dark arrow with the zig-zag line, that you select on the left-side panel) to drag the black box from one position into another.

When I try I can't grab the black box so it won't move. The tear-reconnect works fine with normal nodes but it's like it doesn't see the black box groups.

This is on PR64-v121
DAP (AOPs): http://jelstudio.dk/DAP/
PhotoReactor (flows, effects and scripts): http://jelstudio.dk/PhotoReactor/
JEL

Postby bil abington, pa » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:49 am

JEL wrote:Can anyone verify this oddity?

First have a flow with a group minimized into a black box.

Then try to use the 'Tear and Re-Connect' (the dark arrow with the zig-zag line, that you select on the left-side panel) to drag the black box from one position into another.

When I try I can't grab the black box so it won't move. The tear-reconnect works fine with normal nodes but it's like it doesn't see the black box groups.

This is on PR64-v121

I always have that problem to. Even if you use Bridge pins connectors the problem still exists.
Have Fun Bill
Bill Somogyi
bil abington, pa

Postby JEL » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:01 pm

bil abington, pa wrote:I always have that problem to. Even if you use Bridge pins connectors the problem still exists.

Thanks Bill :) I was not sure if I was just doing something wrong.
DAP (AOPs): http://jelstudio.dk/DAP/
PhotoReactor (flows, effects and scripts): http://jelstudio.dk/PhotoReactor/
JEL

Postby Rachel » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:12 pm

Sorry if this has been discussed. Why have I never been able to open a virtual effect if I have a few other things in the flow window without being forced to start with a new flow? Some sweet people have included changeable parameters within their flows but I can't get to them usually without starting a new project. It is just irritating, not a deal breaker.
Rachel

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Reactor