Hi From Switzerland

Tell us something about yourself

Hi From Switzerland

Postby Ozzy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:06 am

Hi,

I am English but live in Switzerland. I have recently retired and started to learn Photoshop and Lightroom. I have seen lots of digital art software browsing the internet but I am new to digital art. I used to be a mechanical design engineer helping to design cars, planes and ships using CAD, Catia, Solidworks and 5 other pieces of CAD software.

I have had a PC since they were invented, yes I am that old. My first one was in the 80's with a huge hard disk of 40MB and 640k of RAM, my hard disks are now in the TB's and my computer has 32 GB memory. I am here to learn as much as I can and when I have learnt enough I hope to help other members on here with my experience.

Cheers,

Ozzy
Ozzy

Re: Hi From Switzerland

Postby Ozzy » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:24 am

I thought I would write an update of my progress from the time I started Digital Art. I have upgraded to the latest version of DAP 6 and then the Black Friday offer came out so I bought the "All-In" offer as it was cheaper than buying the additional software separately, my wife now has a present. :lol:
I have bought a few other software programmes too and use them in conjunction with DAP and earlier this year I actually had an exhibition of my then current work and sold enough to have paid for my Epson Surecolor P800 printer which I use to print on canvas and watercolor paper. I have also improved my photography technique so much that I am actually enjoying taking photos again and using them to convert to "ART".
I am still trying to get my watercolor attempts to look like hand-painted art but it is very slow in achieving an acceptable result, my attempts do not quite make the grade so if anyone has any tips then please send me some tips.
All in all I am very happy with DAP and it is the best software that I use.
Have a very happy and productive New Year in 2019.
Ozzy

Return to Introduce Yourself