Serious hard drive crash: desperately in need of help

DVD-lab, DVD-lab Studio and DLP2

Serious hard drive crash: desperately in need of help

Postby KNude » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:41 am

Hi,

I have a Macbook Pro with both Mac OS X and Windows installed. I use windows strictly for DVD authoring with DVDLab Pro 2.

Here's my problem:
My Windows partition crashed. For the last two weeks I've tried to repair it but this seems impossible. At the moment I'm trying to recover my files from the hard drive and after that I would reinstall Windows and DVDLab.
The most important files I would like to recover are my DVDLab project files. For this I will use Photorec ( https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec_Step_By_Step ). I've already successfully used it to recover my video files (which aren't that critical as I can recreate them on the MAC side where I do my video editing). But DVDLab project files (.dal) are not known by Photorec, so I need to "teach" the program how to find those files.

What I need:
I would greatly appreciate if someone could give me at least two .dal -files. I would use them to find some strings of code that are unique to .dals and enter them to the file recovery software so it could find my project files.
The files could be some of your existing projects or just some quick new dummy projects with a couple of menus. I wouldn't need any video files or images.
If anyone can help me, the files can be sent by email to knude84 at gmail dot com or by uploading to a cloud service and providing a link.

Thank you!

- K.
KNude

Re: Serious hard drive crash: desperately in need of help

Postby antonsvideo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:51 am

Anton Strauss
Antons Video Productions - Sydney
http://www.videoproductions.com.au
antonsvideo

Re: Serious hard drive crash: desperately in need of help

Postby KNude » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:32 pm

Thank you very much, Anton! You're the man! :)
KNude

Return to DVD-lab Authoring