$25 to whoever can advise how to remove an effect

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

$25 to whoever can advise how to remove an effect

Postby shoremedia » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:40 am

Hi,

I love DAP but have been rattling my brain trying to remove an element from the realism preset for some time, it's got to the point now where i'm desperate so willing to offer a $25 finders fee via PayPal here to anyone who can help me get rid of this scratchy texture that appears when zoomed in (see image) I have emailed support countless times and spent a fair while scratching my head in the settings, allot of my designs are going to print and I really need to get rid of this undesired effect.

I'm using DAP 5 and have tried earlier versions, still after others advice of deselecting dry reveal phase the scratchy texture prevails, please help...

Cheers.

shoremedia

Re: $25 to whoever can advise how to remove an effect

Postby shoremedia » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:33 am

Dust in the wind?
shoremedia

Postby mitch » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:40 pm

Would it be an idea to post the original picture, to see if anyone else gets the same result
mitch

Postby rgalka » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:50 am

Yes, I agree.. in order to see where in the process that is happening the original image would be a huge help.
rgalka

Postby shoremedia » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:23 pm

Hi,

I use the realism setting for hundreds of images, anything that has an edge or a detail will create this effect, something very thin like say a faint cloud won't, I output these images in very large format (7200 x 10800 pixels) these scratchy edges aren't particularly noticeable until you zoom very close in but obviously printed large format it's noticeable. Basically throw any detailed image through and bake resize it large to see what i'm talking about... the offer still stands, anyone who can remove the scratchy effect will get the $25 for their time, cheers
shoremedia

Postby Allex » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:11 am

try it like this
3af298d008190b5bcd17981b1c7cbf7b.jpg
3af298d008190b5bcd17981b1c7cbf7b.jpg (67.06 KiB) Viewed 732 times
machine translation
Allex

Postby mhwarner » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:20 am

Don't think you can remove the scratches. If you note in the description, the "Realism" template is called "Scratchy Segmentation". That's why I never use it. When I want to use a dry reveal step in my own templates, I use Reactor effects that I have created or modified from those provided with the program which do not have any scratches in them. You get much better results. The scratches have been in Realism since the very first version of the program and based on a quick review of a few of the newer stock templates, even Oscar mostly gave up using the built in Dry Reveal in favor of Reactor effects, which are much more powerful. And I wouldn't waste my time emailing support. For all intents and purposes, it seems that Oscar has abandoned this forum as well as any support for the product. And probably any future development as well. He has moved on to other things. On the other hand, DAP still works amazingly well and provides some fantastic results if you are willing to take the time and make the effort to create your own custom templates.
mhwarner

Postby Bron » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:28 am

Good to see you here, Mary. It seems there is only us now, to figure things out, and you have been one of the most helpful here. Was hoping you had not "let go" and moved on yourself.

Truly, it does seem that Oscar may have retired or moved on to other things. Still, as you say, DAP is still a great tool and capable of wonderful things.

All the best!
Bron

Postby lylejk » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:38 pm

Cool to see you as well, Mary. As for this artifact, you could try to reduce it using anisotrophic smoothing in post processing (i.e., another program). Rarely is any of my DAP result straight DAP. I usually tweak things within my editor of choice (in my case, GIMP). :)
lylejk

Postby Oscar » Tue May 01, 2018 1:14 pm

It is the algorithm that segments the image by drawing tiny segmented lines in random directions. It comes from the DAP 2. You can't change it but most new templates use difernt segmentation from reactor. And I am still here, but kind of really over my head with things so attending forums was first thing to go.
Oscar
Site Admin

Next

Return to Dynamic Auto Painter