New DAP Version 6

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

New DAP Version 6

Postby mhwarner » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:49 pm

Other than Oscar's email yesterday saying that it would be out soon, does anybody have any info on the new version 6? I wonder if Oscar will let us beta test it.

In case you didn't get the email:

"I had been working on a new major upgrade to Dynamic Auto Painter for some time. Hopefully the new version 6 will be out soon.

Starting now, if you buy the full version 5 you will get automatically free upgrade to the upcoming version 6.

I will be posting more details about the upcoming version 6 shortly, there will be some new smart ways to edit your input pictures, a new tonality controls to keep paintings within the range of the original artworks, folders for presets and more.

I have also hundreds of gigabytes of brushworks images I took over the years visiting galleries all around the world. And it has been sitting on my drive collecting digital dust. After the release of version 6, I am planning to create a professional collections of templates for each major painter to be offered as an add-ons."

Maybe Oscar hasn't abandoned us after all. :)
mhwarner

Re: New DAP Version 6

Postby rgalka » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:04 pm

Folders for presents... YAY!!!!
rgalka

Postby lylejk » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:58 am

Got the same email, Mary. I skipped 5; if 6 has some feature I want and at a reasonable price, I'll buy the full version (since I only have 4 Pro). We shall see. Still, keep up the great work, Oscar. Just wish you would create a dedicated found object mosaic program since apparently only extremely expensive programs can come close to re-creating these. :)
lylejk

Postby maestro80 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:13 pm

lylejk wrote:Got the same email, Mary. I skipped 5; if 6 has some feature I want and at a reasonable price, I'll buy the full version (since I only have 4 Pro). We shall see. Still, keep up the great work, Oscar. Just wish you would create a dedicated found object mosaic program since apparently only extremely expensive programs can come close to re-creating these. :)

What extremely expensive programs do you mean? can list in here, thanks
maestro80

Postby LadyArtist » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:56 am

Got the same email..
LadyArtist

Postby lylejk » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:46 pm

maestro80 wrote:
lylejk wrote:Got the same email, Mary. I skipped 5; if 6 has some feature I want and at a reasonable price, I'll buy the full version (since I only have 4 Pro). We shall see. Still, keep up the great work, Oscar. Just wish you would create a dedicated found object mosaic program since apparently only extremely expensive programs can come close to re-creating these. :)

What extremely expensive programs do you mean? can list in here, thanks

One program that comes to mind is Studio Artist. Last I looked, it cost several hundred dollars. :)
lylejk

Postby JEL » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:20 pm

I would really like to see a method for easy brush-creation.

A software where I point to a folder of images... and then I get an auto-created set of brushes ready to use in DAP.

Or something like that.

DAP is great at creating paintings, but I do have a hard time creating new presets.
It would be fun if that part of it was made much easier and more automatic.
DAP (AOPs): http://jelstudio.dk/DAP/
PhotoReactor (flows, effects and scripts): http://jelstudio.dk/PhotoReactor/
JEL

Postby mhwarner » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:19 pm

JEL wrote:...

DAP is great at creating paintings, but I do have a hard time creating new presets.
It would be fun if that part of it was made much easier and more automatic.

Hi JEL,

I have found that I get the best presets by skipping the brushes and palettes altogether and using Photoreactor presets for pre-processing and dry reveal. I know you're a master at Photoreactor so you should have a go at it. Of course, I am more into the watercolor look, so I don't much care about the brushstrokes. You can just use any old brush and color palette combination in that case. I bought 5 but didn't like the layer exports and Oscar couldn't be bothered to fix them so I reverted to version 4 and export PSD layers from the Layers tab area and then do my final tweaking in Photoshop. Just depends on the look you are after.
mhwarner

Postby JEL » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:59 am

mhwarner wrote:I have found that I get the best presets by skipping the brushes and palettes altogether and using Photoreactor presets for pre-processing and dry reveal.

I will have to study DAP5 some more it seems :)

I didn't know there were presets without those brush-images (That always took me forever to make when I did it in DAP4, since I had to move every single brush into one of the many squares and align them correctly. Tedious work to do, so I ended up not making more than a few attempts myself and instead just downloaded all the cool ones everybody else here has created :) )

Thanks.

EDIT: I tried the template-editor, but it won't save unless I load a brush-template, so there seems to be no way around that.
DAP (AOPs): http://jelstudio.dk/DAP/
PhotoReactor (flows, effects and scripts): http://jelstudio.dk/PhotoReactor/
JEL

Postby davidcito69 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:39 pm

Hello! I have an idea about a feature that I think would greatly enrich DAP 6 and I want to share it with you.

I've been a DAP user since version 3 and I love it, I still use it in version 5.2 (MacOS version). My approach has always been to try to avoid the step of "reveal" in order to avoid photo-manipulation becoming evident... thinking about that and after using an app called -StoryZ- (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_7ABkWgMbE) it occurred to me that it would be great if in a previous step to start the painting process you could indicate to the software the direction of the brushes according to the reference image

this way you could obtain more controlled results in portraits... or even in images of architecture tracing directions of the forms of the building.

As for its functioning, the software would follow that direction where they indicate traces and the respective area of influence that is selected

and the rest of the image would be filled in the way it currently does.

Finally, before finishing this step you could indicate from 0 -100% the "obedience" of the software with respect to the direction, in this way moving in ranges of 25%-75% should give results still very organic but controlled.

I hope my idea isn't too difficult to make, I'm a graphic designer so I don't know much about software programming, but since DAP is able to do what no other software I've ever used, I think what I suggest shouldn't be difficult.

Pd: If the GUI looked like dark grey Photoshop/illustrator CC 2018 DAP it would be absolutely cool!

Long life DAP
davidcito69

Next

Return to Dynamic Auto Painter