New DAP Version 6

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

New DAP Version 6

Postby mhwarner » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:49 pm

Other than Oscar's email yesterday saying that it would be out soon, does anybody have any info on the new version 6? I wonder if Oscar will let us beta test it.

In case you didn't get the email:

"I had been working on a new major upgrade to Dynamic Auto Painter for some time. Hopefully the new version 6 will be out soon.

Starting now, if you buy the full version 5 you will get automatically free upgrade to the upcoming version 6.

I will be posting more details about the upcoming version 6 shortly, there will be some new smart ways to edit your input pictures, a new tonality controls to keep paintings within the range of the original artworks, folders for presets and more.

I have also hundreds of gigabytes of brushworks images I took over the years visiting galleries all around the world. And it has been sitting on my drive collecting digital dust. After the release of version 6, I am planning to create a professional collections of templates for each major painter to be offered as an add-ons."

Maybe Oscar hasn't abandoned us after all. :)
mhwarner

Re: New DAP Version 6

Postby rgalka » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:04 pm

Folders for presents... YAY!!!!
rgalka

Postby lylejk » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:58 am

Got the same email, Mary. I skipped 5; if 6 has some feature I want and at a reasonable price, I'll buy the full version (since I only have 4 Pro). We shall see. Still, keep up the great work, Oscar. Just wish you would create a dedicated found object mosaic program since apparently only extremely expensive programs can come close to re-creating these. :)
lylejk

Postby maestro80 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:13 pm

lylejk wrote:Got the same email, Mary. I skipped 5; if 6 has some feature I want and at a reasonable price, I'll buy the full version (since I only have 4 Pro). We shall see. Still, keep up the great work, Oscar. Just wish you would create a dedicated found object mosaic program since apparently only extremely expensive programs can come close to re-creating these. :)

What extremely expensive programs do you mean? can list in here, thanks
maestro80

Postby LadyArtist » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:56 am

Got the same email..
LadyArtist

Postby lylejk » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:46 pm

maestro80 wrote:
lylejk wrote:Got the same email, Mary. I skipped 5; if 6 has some feature I want and at a reasonable price, I'll buy the full version (since I only have 4 Pro). We shall see. Still, keep up the great work, Oscar. Just wish you would create a dedicated found object mosaic program since apparently only extremely expensive programs can come close to re-creating these. :)

What extremely expensive programs do you mean? can list in here, thanks

One program that comes to mind is Studio Artist. Last I looked, it cost several hundred dollars. :)
lylejk

Postby JEL » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:20 pm

I would really like to see a method for easy brush-creation.

A software where I point to a folder of images... and then I get an auto-created set of brushes ready to use in DAP.

Or something like that.

DAP is great at creating paintings, but I do have a hard time creating new presets.
It would be fun if that part of it was made much easier and more automatic.
DAP (AOPs): http://jelstudio.dk/DAP/
PhotoReactor (flows, effects and scripts): http://jelstudio.dk/PhotoReactor/
JEL

Postby mhwarner » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:19 pm

JEL wrote:...

DAP is great at creating paintings, but I do have a hard time creating new presets.
It would be fun if that part of it was made much easier and more automatic.

Hi JEL,

I have found that I get the best presets by skipping the brushes and palettes altogether and using Photoreactor presets for pre-processing and dry reveal. I know you're a master at Photoreactor so you should have a go at it. Of course, I am more into the watercolor look, so I don't much care about the brushstrokes. You can just use any old brush and color palette combination in that case. I bought 5 but didn't like the layer exports and Oscar couldn't be bothered to fix them so I reverted to version 4 and export PSD layers from the Layers tab area and then do my final tweaking in Photoshop. Just depends on the look you are after.
mhwarner

Postby JEL » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:59 am

mhwarner wrote:I have found that I get the best presets by skipping the brushes and palettes altogether and using Photoreactor presets for pre-processing and dry reveal.

I will have to study DAP5 some more it seems :)

I didn't know there were presets without those brush-images (That always took me forever to make when I did it in DAP4, since I had to move every single brush into one of the many squares and align them correctly. Tedious work to do, so I ended up not making more than a few attempts myself and instead just downloaded all the cool ones everybody else here has created :) )

Thanks.

EDIT: I tried the template-editor, but it won't save unless I load a brush-template, so there seems to be no way around that.
DAP (AOPs): http://jelstudio.dk/DAP/
PhotoReactor (flows, effects and scripts): http://jelstudio.dk/PhotoReactor/
JEL

Return to Dynamic Auto Painter