Add your own canvas images ?

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

Add your own canvas images ?

Postby pellepiano » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:59 pm

Hi! Im on Mac with version 5 and I am trying to find where I can add my own canvas images. On my old and now gone computer I had version 1 and made my own canvas , but I don't remember where I had to put them. At that old version the canvas images could not be in color, is that still so?
- Pelle Piano
www.pellepiano.com
pellepiano

Re: Add your own canvas images ?

Postby JEL » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:30 am

I don't know where to place textures on mac, but in DAP5 the layer-mode can blend textures in all the usual modes (So color is an option)
DAP (AOPs): http://jelstudio.dk/DAP/
PhotoReactor (flows, effects and scripts): http://jelstudio.dk/PhotoReactor/
JEL

Postby pellepiano » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:18 am

Thanks for the advice, but I need textures as canvas ( backgrounds ), no blending. But I'll check the color option, if its possible to only use it on the canvas part.That could be helpful.
Some of my own presets leave uncovered areas, so I need to have canvas/backgrounds with similar patternas as the presets, to make it less noticeable. But I may find other ways.
I am from version one, so there is a lot to find out =)
- Pelle Piano
www.pellepiano.com
pellepiano

Postby pellepiano » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:13 am

I found the option to save transparent layers. That helps a lot to fix some things for me.
And exiting to go from version 1 to version 5, as there are a lot of new options,
- Pelle Piano
www.pellepiano.com
pellepiano

Postby mhwarner » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:01 pm

Unfortunately, if you want to get really creative with canvases and post-processing, you really need to look at Version 4. I have downgraded from 5 because in 4 you can go into the layers panel, add whatever layers, canvases, brush stroke images, outlines, etc. that you want and then click the "More" button to save as layered PSD file. You can then take the file into Photoshop and process to your heart's convent. Version 5 is somewhat broken in that respect and it is not possible in any way to export ALL of your layers (such as pre-process, dry reveal, underpainting and detail brushes, plus the original picture, outlines, and canvases). I have complained numerous times to apparently deaf ears. Oscar is busy developing a new version. I am hoping he will reincorporate the version 4 functionality back into version 6. Also, if you really want to do your own thing, you need to get a copy of PhotoReactor to make or modify your own items for pre-processing or the dry reveal stage. On the other hand, if you just want to push a button and come up with something pretty good without any modifications or post-processing using the built-in templates, you will be happy with version 5.
mhwarner

Postby larsnagler » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:00 am

Hi there,

can you explain how..?
i wish to export images with transparent background inside batchprocessing...

thank you!

pellepiano wrote:I found the option to save transparent layers. That helps a lot to fix some things for me.
And exiting to go from version 1 to version 5, as there are a lot of new options,
larsnagler

Return to Dynamic Auto Painter