Any Way to Skip Dry Reveal Step?

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

Any Way to Skip Dry Reveal Step?

Postby westes » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:20 pm

I need a way to skip through the Dry Reveal step and not perform it at all. I want a way to just keep the detailed brushes painting, without altering the image of those brush strokes with the Dry Reveal.

One way that I use DAP is I paint the same photo using multiple settings, then I stitch the parts together in Photoshop. This can work incredibly well, as when you use large brush strokes on a background, but very thin and detailed strokes on human skin in a portrait part of the photo. When I go to paint the detailed strokes on skin, all I care about are the detailed brushes. Having the actual image come through those strokes only prevents me from seeing them during the painting process. I am dealing at a level of precision that I want to repaint the skin with 5000 strokes, then 7500, then 10K, and evaluate how that looks in the final image. But if the Dry Reveal step cannot be stopped right away and skipped, it is often impossible for me to do what I am trying to do.

A more generalized version of this feature would be to add a "skip step" button next to Stop and Start, allowing us to progress through various painting steps as we like.

Is there already a way to do what I am trying to do here?
westes

Re: Any Way to Skip Dry Reveal Step?

Postby rgalka » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:24 pm

I think this may help you..
when the dry reveal starts right click on the image... don't worry about catching it before the reveal starts happening.. as long as you right click the image before the dry reveal ends.

then along the bottom of the image you will see a line of small squares... for some distance from the left side these will be filled in with blue. This represents the amount of the original image will be reveled. If you click on the left most square that will set the amount to 0 reveal.. right click again to continue.. the reveal cycle will still run but you should not see any reveal happen.

There may be another method but i don't know about any.
rgalka

Re: Any Way to Skip Dry Reveal Step?

Postby westes » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:32 pm

rgalka wrote:I think this may help you..
when the dry reveal starts right click on the image... don't worry about catching it before the reveal starts happening.. as long as you right click the image before the dry reveal ends.

then along the bottom of the image you will see a line of small squares... for some distance from the left side these will be filled in with blue. This represents the amount of the original image will be reveled. If you click on the left most square that will set the amount to 0 reveal.. right click again to continue.. the reveal cycle will still run but you should not see any reveal happen.

There may be another method but i don't know about any.

That is definitely very useful, but how would anyone ever find such a feature on their own?
westes

Return to Dynamic Auto Painter