Greetings | Questions | Plugin Request

Multimedia Builder

Greetings | Questions | Plugin Request

Postby CodeHouse » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:03 am

Hi hi all, it has been years since my last post on this great forum and would quickly like to say Hi to all, especially dgilmour, Delboy and all other contributors. As we all know that one of the things making mmb seem dead, is the fact that things are going mobile and there's high request for phone apps than PC. However there is still room for unique ideas that would still be required by PC users.

First off, I would like to know if those false positive alerts common to applications developed with mmb have been solved? From posts on the forum, it has been noted that the false positive is as a result of external Plugin used in our projects, meaning that mmb projects without any use of Plugin gives a zero false positive, right?

Now, I would like to get certain system info like PC ROM, Monitor, Hard Drive size, etc.. Kindly recommend a Plugin that is totally virus free and could fetch system information. Also, is there a way to fetch BIOS info of PC and any other relevant System/PC info with Mmb?

Thanks in advance
CodeHouse

Re: Greetings | Questions | Plugin Request

Postby polartech » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:08 am

Hi CodeHouse!

Good to see you here again :)

Although I can`t answer your question on plugins (I hardly tend to need to use one) I agree that MMB still has plenty of potential and use for PC based applications.

I still use it almost every day for various projects.

I hope that we can all stay together as a community!

Have a great day!!
polartech

Postby Nigg » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:02 pm

Hey CodeHouse, nice to see (read) you back here!

In fact, when you use certain plugins, the compilation usually fails the AV-tests on Virustotal, especially if you ask for admin rights. However, I had a similar requirement and simply read the values from the registry and via WMI (it loads a seperate binary at startup which returns the mac-addresses) and there are hundreds of it, you only have to know the location. An example is attached. In this case I use SmallPlugin for the registry, which didn't return any false-positives in the end.

The example application I attached should send the values to a web application (JSON or so), for inventory and the like.

And yes, MMB looks dead, but there are still so many usage scenarios where you can just tinker a little bit together, similar to Autoit, but it's even faster and with UI.
Attachments
example.png
example.png (7.65 KiB) Viewed 407 times
hwdata.zip
(17.75 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
Nigg

Postby CodeHouse » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:59 pm

polartech wrote:Hi CodeHouse!

Good to see you here again :)

Although I can`t answer your question on plugins (I hardly tend to need to use one) I agree that MMB still has plenty of potential and use for PC based applications.

I still use it almost every day for various projects.

I hope that we can all stay together as a community!

Have a great day!!

Thanks for your input and yea it is great to be here again
CodeHouse

Postby CodeHouse » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:05 am

Nigg wrote:Hey CodeHouse, nice to see (read) you back here!

In fact, when you use certain plugins, the compilation usually fails the AV-tests on Virustotal, especially if you ask for admin rights. However, I had a similar requirement and simply read the values from the registry and via WMI (it loads a seperate binary at startup which returns the mac-addresses) and there are hundreds of it, you only have to know the location. An example is attached. In this case I use SmallPlugin for the registry, which didn't return any false-positives in the end.

The example application I attached should send the values to a web application (JSON or so), for inventory and the like.

And yes, MMB looks dead, but there are still so many usage scenarios where you can just tinker a little bit together, similar to Autoit, but it's even faster and with UI.

Thanks @Nigg I just downloaded your sample. Small Plugin is one of the most trusted plugins ever used in mmb projects. I will do more digging and hopefully post the finished project here. Thanks again.
CodeHouse

Return to MMB