SmallPlugin 1.8

Multimedia Builder (Legacy Forum)
Nigg

Re: SmallPlugin 1.8

Post by Nigg »

Even if I don't talk about it, I also use it regularly :)

dgilmour

Post by dgilmour »

Nice to know that it is still useful ;)

dgilmour

Post by dgilmour »

Update 1.8.7 is up.
Please note that the Visual Studio 2015 Light and Dark color schemes are exactly the same as the Visual Studio 2019 (edit: actually NOT exactly, some metrics are different, but the difference is very small at 100 % screen scale), but Blue scheme is different. So there are six different menu styles available (apart from the exclusive DMFX menu style).

dgilmour

Post by dgilmour »

Small update for Menu Designer - menu access keys now are underlined in the tree view, also disabled items are displayed in gray color.
MDesigner.jpg
MDesigner.jpg (165.79 KiB) Viewed 1624 times

dgilmour

Post by dgilmour »

Added possibility to read REG_MULTI_SZ values from the registry.

dgilmour

Post by dgilmour »

Fixed:
The shortcut keys of the disabled menu item were becoming active after menu item was hidden with the HideMenuItem command.
The SetMenuItemEnabled and the SetMenuItemChecked commands did not worked for hidden menu items.

dgilmour

SmallPlugin 1.8

Post by dgilmour »

I have updated plugin by adding a new command that helps to scale application window and its elements on the screens with high DPI. This is how it looks in the system with 200 % scale (it appears slightly blurry in browser, but if you'll download image and open it in image viewer or just run general_sample.mbd on high-DPI screen, you'll see it is sharp):

sp.png
sp.png (26.5 KiB) Viewed 333 times

As you can see, now the menu styles are also DPI-aware (system DPI awareness), but I didn't updated the Visual Studio 2010 and 2008 styles yet, because they have more complex menu elements (like selection rectangle with rounded corners for example), but I think I'll find the way to draw these elements properly with any DPI settings and will update remained styles too. So far I'm not going to make plugin and the style libraries to have per-monitor (V2) DPI awareness, because its realisation requires use of APIs that are available only in later versions of Windows 10, what automatically makes compiled application incompatible with older versions of Windows.

Also I have updated Menu Designer tool so now you can save your big menu layout to file and quickly load it when you need to modify it. I have transferred Menu Designer's code to the latest Visual Studio and it is Unicode now, though I don't know why it can be useful, because MMB does not support Unicode :), but what is more important it has much less false positive reports at virustotal (four for x86 version and zero for x64 - ask me if you want to have x64 version, I didn't included it to the package). I fixed all UI bugs I was aware of - like completely screwed user interface on high-DPI screens or improper selection rectangle drawing in the tree view in Windows 7, black rectangles and other wrong things that you probably never seen in designer, just because you don't use it at all. ;)

You can download package from plugin's home page (the link is in the initial message of this topic).

Primo6210

Post by Primo6210 »

Thanks for your continued work on MMB Plugin and for the new version of SmallPlugin.

Greets for Germany