DELBOY :0 .gif or transparent png file export ? ?

Multimedia Builder (Legacy Forum)
Tapdroid

DELBOY :0 .gif or transparent png file export ? ?

Post by Tapdroid »

Is there a plugin or a way to export an image file from an exe we have created using MMB?

If I create an mmb exe that displays a gif, how can I have the user export that gif at a specified width & height?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Edit gif or transparent png sequence

dgilmour

Re: DELBOY :0 .gif or transparent png file export ? ?

Post by dgilmour »

TAPDROID :0
If you're using Animated GIF object to display GIF image then there's no way to export or convert it. At least without reading .mbd data directly.

Tapdroid

Post by Tapdroid »

How do other programs export a frame at a time and auto save untitled1.png, untitled2.png, untitled3.png,
and so on?
I had hoped that if there ware not a plugin, there might be a third party software to incorporate for export.

dgilmour

Post by dgilmour »

Tapdroid wrote:I had hoped that if there ware not a plugin, there might be a third party software to incorporate for export.
Of course it can be done with plugin or third party software but only if you're not using Animated GIF object to display image, because it is loaded from .mbd and you can't access image data from your project in this case. As a workaround you can put COPY of your GIF image to the Embedded files and convert it using third party command line tool.
https://imagemagick.org/script/command-line-tools.php

Tapdroid

Post by Tapdroid »

Was really hoping for something like a screen cap that can be cropped to the output size, take a frame by frame pic, make background transparent, and output to gif or png sequence.

dgilmour

Post by dgilmour »

Tapdroid wrote:can be cropped to the output size, take a frame by frame pic, make background transparent, and output to gif or png sequence.
Exactly what magick.exe does. The only problem that it might require some dlls to be installed on the target machine, but it can be resolved by using installer or simply putting dlls to the same folder as magick executable. Or - if you're making some personal tool - it's no problem at all.
If you still want me to make a plugin that allows gif to png conversion then I can do it, but you have to pay it's development. ;)

Tapdroid

Post by Tapdroid »

Not looking for a gif to png conversion...

You see, the end user will have thousands of pieces parts. [pieces parts will be .gif]
The user will combine as many pieces as desired in order to create an animation.

The plugin or third party software, is used to export the gif or png sequence of the animation that is being displayed.

dgilmour

Post by dgilmour »

Check magick.exe, it can do everything you need.