Photo Blend

Discussion about PhotoBlend
primelpott

Re: Photo Blend

Post by primelpott »

Hi,
just bought Photo Blend ... it is brilliant!
... it has been soo easy ... Great! :D :D

Cheers,
Carsten
Attachments
Simon_over_Zemun-001-medium-small.jpg
Simon_over_Zemun-001-medium-small.jpg (232.89 KiB) Viewed 3630 times

Waldo5559

Post by Waldo5559 »

Oscar,
I purchased Photo Blend a couple of hours ago.

Is there anyway that I can print the epub color guide file from my Win7 64 bit PC? I downloaded Adobe Digital Extension software to view the epub. I like to have the printed material next to me while I am learning as I only have a single monitor and its distracting [at least to me] to switch back and forth between Photo Blend and the epub.

Supposedly, Adobe Digital extension should be able to print it, but there is no print button displayed which makes me wonder if you prohibited printing when you created the epub. Thanks for your advice.
JimmyC

Oscar
Site Admin

Post by Oscar »

Don't know about the epub, but the PDF version that is with the software is the same and it can print.

Here is a teaser for new feature that will be in the next update called stage lights.
You can position a light reflectors over the scene and even swing them to create light cones etc. This can completely change the feel of the scene.

Like this sort of sunset scene from a normal one:
lights.jpg
lights.jpg (136.66 KiB) Viewed 3585 times
Then just with a stroke of "light" a stage scene
lights2.jpg
lights2.jpg (61.49 KiB) Viewed 3584 times

D&D

Post by D&D »

Waldo:
There are plenty of format converters (epub > PDF) available, but I think you could use the freeware called Calibre.
It's sort of a ebook organizer/bookshelf/format converter

"Calibre can convert from a huge number of formats to a huge number of formats. It supports all the major e-book formats. The full list of formats can be found ...."
Here:
http://calibre-ebook.com/

Or just do a search for a 'epub to PDF converter'

Oscar - The introduction to Photoblend is like watching Harry Houdini; a complete amazement. I'm looking forward to each and every revision. Also, thanks for sharing your opinion on the ASUS ProArt, Canada Computer also ships cheap - $9.99 Usually it costs about forty bucks to tempt anyone to come down to Windsor.

I can't help myself, I've just got to ask, how did your ideas about brush directionality for DAP turn out?

anecessaryevil

Post by anecessaryevil »

Waldo5559 wrote:Oscar,
I purchased Photo Blend a couple of hours ago.

Is there anyway that I can print the epub color guide file from my Win7 64 bit PC? I downloaded Adobe Digital Extension software to view the epub.
You could convert it using Calibre into a format you would not have any difficulty with.
http://calibre-ebook.com/
All photos I use are my photos unless otherwise noted in the post.

Oscar
Site Admin

Post by Oscar »

Again, the epub is the same a s the pdf file in the installation and the PDF file can print and it is actually correctly formatted for printing.

elivarz

Post by elivarz »

Nice piece of software, as from outher space... not from Earth. Oscar, maybe in future can you think also about something like this:
http://www.photoacute.com/studio/index.html. Results are really impressive, but something like this and more better is possible for you, i think.

JEL

Post by JEL »

This is incredibly funny to use hahahahahaha :lol:

"Dog mayhem in the food-shop" haha :mrgreen:
TEST.jpg
TEST.jpg (93.73 KiB) Viewed 3502 times
I'm still testing the beta6 (the released version 1), but my initial reaction is that it is very useful and QUICK!! (compared to using normal software to blend 2 or more photos)

The test photo I added are taken in a food-shop, with 2 different dog-pictures added afterwards. They're not really eating the food there haha :lol:

One thing I thought I would ask to see if could be implemented would be for the mask brush to not disappear completely when erasing the mask (when holding shift down during painting of the mask).
If maybe it could instead shift color to green or something. I miss being able to see exactly where I am during the erasing moves. Especially when erasing parts of the mask between areas where it shouldn't be erased. Between legs for example. When painting the mask there's the red brush, but when erasing there's nothing to show the circumference of the eraser-brush.

And also, although this has already been mentioned earlier, an ability to quickly rotate the source-images (like you can do with the background) 90 degrees CW/CCW. I know it can be done during composition though, so not a big issue.

Thanks Oscar. This is clever software :)
DAP (AOPs): http://jelstudio.dk/DAP/
PhotoReactor (flows, effects and scripts): http://jelstudio.dk/PhotoReactor/

Oscar
Site Admin

Post by Oscar »

The problem with photoacute or any other stacking that requires you to take many images of the same scene is that the whole idea is outdated, we are in 2012 and it simply makes far more sense to get a better camera than have to take 10 photos of the same scene with an old/cheap camera in order to minimize noise. There is a reason for example in astrophotography or technical photography but looking at their normal sample images where they use GH1 at very high ISO in dark scene or Panasonic FX8 or nokia mobile phone - it is all bad scene, noisy camera or no camera at all... so yes the images would be bad but then you need to take 5-10 of those bad images to make one a little bit better one. Why to even bother with such elaborate setup? That is my own opinion of course....

elivarz

Post by elivarz »

Really I've found only one such stacking software (I'm not talking about a lot of HDR programms). My camera isn't so advanced - I'm not so big SLR fan - to go around with some kilo of lenses etc. I have Sony DSC-HX1 - not too bad camera. Have a lot AEB picture sets (taken for HDR). Have tried Photoacute - and final picture after photoacute really looks more crisp and sharp for me as single picture. But maybe this is only placebo effect. :D