Plug-in SDK

Upcoming mother of all image editors
lylejk

Re: Plug-in SDK

Post by lylejk »

That's great news, Andy. I've really not played with Photo Reactor much (shame on me), but it's still a very powerful editor. I'm still convinced that nodes is the future of image editing. So much more powerful than layers. You and also reuse flows like filters. :)

andydansby

Post by andydansby »

I revamped the Detail Manipulation Plugin. The algorithm is not only stronger, but now you have the ability to easily swap layers.

Here's the 32 bit version
Detail manipulation 32 bit.zip
32 bit version
(58.09 KiB) Downloaded 422 times
Here's the 64 bit version
Detail manipulation 64 bit.zip
64 bit version
(48.44 KiB) Downloaded 443 times

Enjoy
Andy Dansby

JEL

Post by JEL »

andydansby wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:54 am
Here's my latest plugin, Color Transfer between images. I took inspiration from the paper Color Transfer between Images by Erik Reinhard, Michael Ashikhmin, Bruce Gooch, and Peter Shirley from the University of Utah. Using a Target image and Source Image, transfer the range of colors from one image to another. Fun to play around with. As usual, I tried to amp up the plugin by providing 4 different color spaces to play with, a strength dial and an extra formulation that I came up with (apologies if I accidently copied someone else).

colortransfer 32 bit.zip

colortransfer 64 bit.zip

Enjoy

Andy Dansby
Hi Andy, long time no see :)

I have, yet again, a question for you.

I choose a source-image and a destination-image, the color-transfer takes place and I get an image with pleasing colors.

Great.

Here's the question:

Is it possible for you to add a 3rd input pin and output pin to the plugin, so that we can load a HAL identity file on that 3rd input and get the updated HAL LUT file exported on the 3rd output pin.

This is so we can basically export the color-transfer to a HAL LUT (The ones PhotoReactor uses for its film-simulations)

Currently it's not possible to 'grab' the color-transfer, since if I change the destination-image from the photo that gets the new colors to the HAL LUT, the color-transfer itself changes.

So if there could be some way of getting the 'magic the plugin does' put onto a HAL identity LUT image, then we could create such 'filters' and use in PhotoReactor's film-simulation plugin.

My main objective is to be able to export these color-looks, that your plugin creates when I feed it 2 photos, into LUTs so I can use them for video and as static color-looks in the film-sim of PhotoReactor.
DAP (AOPs): http://jelstudio.dk/DAP/
PhotoReactor (flows, effects and scripts): http://jelstudio.dk/PhotoReactor/

andydansby

Post by andydansby »

JEL wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:07 am
andydansby wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:54 am
Here's my latest plugin, Color Transfer between images. I took inspiration from the paper Color Transfer between Images by Erik Reinhard, Michael Ashikhmin, Bruce Gooch, and Peter Shirley from the University of Utah. Using a Target image and Source Image, transfer the range of colors from one image to another. Fun to play around with. As usual, I tried to amp up the plugin by providing 4 different color spaces to play with, a strength dial and an extra formulation that I came up with (apologies if I accidently copied someone else).

colortransfer 32 bit.zip

colortransfer 64 bit.zip

Enjoy

Andy Dansby
Hi Andy, long time no see :)

I have, yet again, a question for you.

I choose a source-image and a destination-image, the color-transfer takes place and I get an image with pleasing colors.

Great.

Here's the question:

Is it possible for you to add a 3rd input pin and output pin to the plugin, so that we can load a HAL identity file on that 3rd input and get the updated HAL LUT file exported on the 3rd output pin.

This is so we can basically export the color-transfer to a HAL LUT (The ones PhotoReactor uses for its film-simulations)

Currently it's not possible to 'grab' the color-transfer, since if I change the destination-image from the photo that gets the new colors to the HAL LUT, the color-transfer itself changes.

So if there could be some way of getting the 'magic the plugin does' put onto a HAL identity LUT image, then we could create such 'filters' and use in PhotoReactor's film-simulation plugin.

My main objective is to be able to export these color-looks, that your plugin creates when I feed it 2 photos, into LUTs so I can use them for video and as static color-looks in the film-sim of PhotoReactor.
Hiya Jel:
It has indeed been a long time.

What in interesting question about exporting LUT's. I certainly see the usage for it. I haven't touched PhotoReactor in quite some time having gotten involved with some other projects such as compiling for obsolete computers. In case you were wondering, I'm currently working on software for the ZX Spectrum. I haven't even cracked out Visual Studio in quite some time.

As for your question, I don't see why one couldn't do that within the SDK, one would have to write the plugin to output to a file, which Windows and anti-virus is finicky about. Other than that (and a whole lot of research) in theory you would capture the color range and format it to the output file.

As for when I will get around to it, I don't really know now since I am deeply involved with several projects and will be writing a few articles over the winter on top of all the other things that go on in life.

I really do like the idea though, that would be pretty neat to work on.

Andy