Plug-in SDK

Upcoming mother of all image editors
Rachel

Re: Plug-in SDK

Post by Rachel »

Well then, thank you for the new 64 versions. You are very speedy.

Rachel

andydansby

Post by andydansby »

I am working on a guide to help others with the SDK. To view a copy you can go to my Skyline Drive.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A ... OsYznMroJY

It is still a work in progress. I've still have a ways to go and my schedule is filling fast, but hopefully others will find use for developing with the SDK.

Andy Dansby

**Link is now updated with additional pages 48 pages total with source code.
Last edited by andydansby on Sat May 25, 2013 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oscar
Site Admin

Post by Oscar »

This is great!

andydansby

Post by andydansby »

Here is the latest copy of my SDK guide with examples

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A ... na-IzUdJDI

It is 58 pages of image processing goodness, with example source code, Visual Studio Tips and Image Processing Concepts.

If you have a tip or discover an error, just message me and I'll try to include it in my next revision.

Enjoy

Andy Dansby

Oscar
Site Admin

Post by Oscar »

I saved it locally, I will include link to it on the resource page, once I start doing the web, also same for your plug-ins.

andydansby

Post by andydansby »

Here is a 32 bit filter. MonoTone (any color you want Sepia). I'll compile a 64 bit version later. I will also release the source code. It shows how to use a control (color pic) so that you can apply it to something you may work on.
monotone.zip
(35.51 KiB) Downloaded 332 times
Enjoy
Andy Dansby

andydansby

Post by andydansby »

Here's the 64 Bit version
monotone64.zip
(46.82 KiB) Downloaded 372 times
Even better yet, here's a link to the source code
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A ... jHIuklGJfg

This was compiled using VS2012, however you should be able to copy/paste the code to a VS compiler of your choice.

There are 3 interesting things to look at here. 1 how to use the color picker control (it will output hex), 2 convert that hex to decimal, 3 reusing your output array as an input array for a second iteration.

Interesting is a relative term here, nothing surprising to more experienced VS programmers.

I hope someone finds this useful

Andy Dansby

Oscar
Site Admin

Post by Oscar »

Thanks,
Just for info MSVC also has macros GetRvalue GetBValue, GetGvalue to separate the COLORREF to the components, which do the same you had done with the shift.
I would also normally throw CLAMP255 on the line Lum = luma * colorspace; like Lum = CLAMP255( luma...) just for good measure. We are talking about unsigned char buffers and over or under means the result color gets huge visible jump. Not saying it is the case here but with the rounding and compiler optimization a max number can easily jump from 255 to 256

Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Thanks, Andy. I'll go install the 64bit now.

andydansby

Post by andydansby »

Thanks for the Tips Oscar, that will go into the SDK book. I wanted to play with another control other than radio buttons and also wanting to play around with a routine like your tri-tone, so I came up with monotone.

Hex always has gotten under my skin, and I didn't know about the VS macros. In the SDK book I will give both examples and make sure to clamp as well.

I'm going to place as many tips as are given so I can help push others to develop.

Andy Dansby

**I haven't placed this any where in my code, but everything I place postings for is open source, free for all.**
not that it's all that great, but nonetheless.
Oscar wrote:Thanks,
Just for info MSVC also has macros GetRvalue GetBValue, GetGvalue to separate the COLORREF to the components, which do the same you had done with the shift.
I would also normally throw CLAMP255 on the line Lum = luma * colorspace; like Lum = CLAMP255( luma...) just for good measure. We are talking about unsigned char buffers and over or under means the result color gets huge visible jump. Not saying it is the case here but with the rounding and compiler optimization a max number can easily jump from 255 to 256