Ask for help here

Upcoming mother of all image editors
Oscar
Site Admin

Re: Ask for help here

Post by Oscar »

Yes, it works like that.
The benefit of adding mask to group is that you can stick many effects inside and apply the mask on them all, instead of trying to apply mask to every single object.
maskobj.jpg
maskobj.jpg (40.82 KiB) Viewed 4556 times

JEL

Post by JEL »

anecessaryevil wrote:It seems like a lot of work for a simple mask.
Remember that you only need to do the 'lot of work' once :)

You can combine your settings into a single fx that you can re-use in the future. This way you can build your own personal library of the types of effects you use most often, which will lead to faster work-flows over time.
DAP (AOPs): http://jelstudio.dk/DAP/
PhotoReactor (flows, effects and scripts): http://jelstudio.dk/PhotoReactor/

smmsamm

Post by smmsamm »

How can I use SET DPI, I think it has some problems.

How can I export cmyk?
I used RGB2CMYK but when I exported image, It was RGB and blank.

mhwarner

Post by mhwarner »

smmsamm wrote:How can I use SET DPI, I think it has some problems.
Agree. There don't seem to be any controls and at the very least I would have expected a dialog at save time to ask me what DPI to use.

Oscar
Site Admin

Post by Oscar »

It should show DPI edit box in the properties. Doesn't?

smmsamm

Post by smmsamm »

yes it shows, but how can I change the DPI of output?
Set Dpi does not change the output DPI.

Oscar
Site Admin

Post by Oscar »

Oh, yeah, the DPI flag was fine, but the units were all messed up. Will be in B4
dpi.jpg
dpi.jpg (13.08 KiB) Viewed 4491 times

smmsamm

Post by smmsamm »

Is there anyway to add extra colored boarder to an image?
I want add 40 pixel in horizon and add 70 pixel in vertical to my image 1200x1200 and I want 1240x1270 in output.

I asked this from oscar, but maybe PR has this;
Is there anyway for changing the shapes of mosaic node, I have some irregular shapes and want to make a mosaic from them.

mhwarner

Post by mhwarner »

smmsamm wrote:Is there anyway to add extra colored boarder to an image?
I want add 40 pixel in horizon and add 70 pixel in vertical to my image 1200x1200 and I want 1240x1270 in output.
Maybe Oscar has a more efficient method but here's one way to do it:

Open a new project, click on the Main Image, without adding any photo and check "Create Empty Image". Enter the width and height you want and select the background color (in this case white). Now add a new image object and load your picture file. Then click the "Size and Place" radio button. Play with the "Size" slider to get your picture to about the right size (don't think you can be exact here -- probably better to size your image outsize of PR). Then under the offset sliders, choose "Middle". You will get something similar to what you see below. Then add a "Blend Layers" object and use a "Normal" blend mode and "Swap Layers. You mayNow the catch is that doing any processing on your image may or may not work the way you would wish. You might want to create a mask such as Oscar described in another thread to limit any effects only to the center (actual image) and not affect the white border, or maybe you just want to do all the processing to your picture first, save it out and then bring it into the layer workflow I have described. Again, maybe there's an easier way or maybe Oscar can add something to the next version that makes it easier.
IMG_8788_Final1.jpg
IMG_8788_Final1.jpg (179.76 KiB) Viewed 4430 times

minstrel

Post by minstrel »

Regarding borders and frames...I'm sure easier 'approaches' will be made available as Oscar includes them.

I played with trying to do it easily with a mask...yet, there is not, as yet, any drawing tools in mask edit mode to draw square shapes and such. Might be nice to have that capability. Even tried it with 'simple shapes' ... no success.

Attached another way to get what you're after, just needs an additional image [bw/grayscale] and screen overlay...this will be even easier to do when we can simply drag and drop images into the secondary image boxes.

Minstrel
Attachments
another approach for now.png
another approach for now.png (156.23 KiB) Viewed 4429 times