Ask for help here

Upcoming mother of all image editors
Oscar
Site Admin

Re: Ask for help here

Post by Oscar »

I guess the main image needs some more options.... We can add a frame object, but that would add frame even to zoomed preview which may be confuzing. Heck, I have the scripting object, let me just scratch something in the scripting without the need to make a real object.

Edit: doing this in scripting object I found out potential bug in the script, so this will have to wait. However I will post the beta 4 soon.

Fluffbutt

Post by Fluffbutt »

I must be thick.. I still can't work out how to add a canvas or watercolour texture to overlay - every time I drop an image in it becomes the main input image.. and i can't see where to add an image to the flow..

mhwarner

Post by mhwarner »

Fluffbutt wrote:I must be thick.. I still can't work out how to add a canvas or watercolour texture to overlay - every time I drop an image in it becomes the main input image.. and i can't see where to add an image to the flow..
Fluff,

To add a canvas or watercolor texture you need to:

1. Add a new "Image Object" (under Building Blocks) in addition to your Main Image

2. The Image Object won't have an input node. Instead, select your texture or canvas file by clicking on the little "..." button on the Image properties tab in the extreme right panel

3. Modify the other parameters (Stretch, Fit, etc.) for the object/image as necessary depending on the size or scale or your image. NOTE: DO NOT drag and drop your texture on the Image Object. It doesn't work yet and will replace the main image. Hopefully Oscar is working on fixing this for a future beta.

4. You can add any filters to your image as well

5. Now add a new "Blend Layers" object (also under Building Blocks)

6. Attach the output of your modified original "Main Image" to one of the nodes of the Blend Layers object

7. Attach the output of your newly added Image Object (or its modification flow) to the other input node of the Blend Layers object

8. Play with the layer blend modes, opacity and also the "Swap Images" checkmark to suit

Hope this makes sense!

Oscar
Site Admin

Post by Oscar »

By dragging, it is not dragging image from your computer to the reactor - that creates main image, but dragging the thumbnail from the long bottom bar in the reactor - that creates image, unless you drop it on main image.

anecessaryevil

Post by anecessaryevil »

Thanks for the good description, Mary.
All photos I use are my photos unless otherwise noted in the post.

Fluffbutt

Post by Fluffbutt »

Thanks to you BOTH - Mary for that detailed help, and Oscar for the simple method.
NOTE: DO NOT drag and drop your texture on the Image Object
Is where I was going wrong..

OOhh look!! it works!!

"Squeeeee"!!

(LOL) :D

(sorry - it get a lttile excited at PR's possibilities!)

Oscar
Site Admin

Post by Oscar »

change: in next beta dragging image from the bar and dropping it on image object will replace the image of the object.

mhwarner

Post by mhwarner »

Oscar wrote:change: in next beta dragging image from the bar and dropping it on image object will replace the image of the object.
:( Better than nothing but really wish we had the option to drag from a program on the computer (Win Explorer or image management program) to either Main Image or separate Image Object. Should depend on which object you actually touch rather than dragging onto the overall workspace.

minstrel

Post by minstrel »

="mhwarner" Better than nothing but really wish we had the option to drag from a program on the computer...to either Main Image or separate Image Object...
Must agree, that would be the ideal approach and I'm all for it. Yet I'm willing to take 'baby-steps' at the moment and gladly accept and appreciate all Oscar's improvements and enhancements as they come!

No doubt Photo Reactor is an enormous undertaking and I can understand that often when you add, improve or change one component, something else can completely break [code-wise, that it].

Minstrel

Oscar
Site Admin

Post by Oscar »

That could be done too.

In the Beta 4 this will become the new drag and drop rules:

Drag and drop images enhancement from explorer to photo-reactor:
-when image has embedded file it will ask if you want to load it as image or as a flow
-if no embedded file, you can drag and drop to main image to replace main image, secondary image to replace secondary image or elsewhere to create secondary image
-you can drag multiple images to create multiple secondary images
-dragging and dropping image elsewhere than the workspace (for example to the monitors) will simply replace the main image
-you can automatically suppress the loading embedded flow if you hold CTRL while dropping.