Ask for help here

Upcoming mother of all image editors
smmsamm

Re: Ask for help here

Post by smmsamm »

mhwarner wrote:
smmsamm wrote:I want to make effect for only a circle shape masked of my image not all the surface of my image.
smmsamm,

There is a good explanation starting at page 43 of the most recent PDF Help document for PhotoReactor.
thank you

Now How Can I create a custom color and shape Gradient in a blank image with “difference” as the “mode” of gradient

Oscar
Site Admin

Post by Oscar »

In next beta there will be object Run External App that can connect reactor with other photo apps, notably photoshop. It works such way that when you save in photoshop the reactor will automatically pick the changes and recalc. Many of the things like gradients or etc, will be more easily achievable like that. It also means I will have to update photobrush and dap to actually work nicely with command line. (Photobrush works only half way, DAP doesn't have command line). But the Photoshop works very nicely with this :-) , good job Adobe.
runexternal.jpg
runexternal.jpg (16.9 KiB) Viewed 4966 times
As you can see this is only one way street, from the app to reactor, it has no input node - because, well... it wouldn't work, you can't make app to do processing from command line.
Hopefully someone, other than me would create a photoshop plug-in host with the SDK. I am staying out of it for now - because of the 64 bit support, but maybe I can start the project as open source. Also a gimp plugin support can be done.

Fluffbutt

Post by Fluffbutt »

Oscar wrote:In next beta there will be object Run External App that can connect reactor with other photo apps, notably photoshop. It works such way that when you save in photoshop the reactor will automatically pick the changes and recalc. Many of the things like gradients or etc, will be more easily achievable like that. It also means I will have to update photobrush and dap to actually work nicely with command line. (Photobrush works only half way, DAP doesn't have command line). But the Photoshop works very nicely with this :-) , good job Adobe.
runexternal.jpg
As you can see this is only one way street, from the app to reactor, it has no input node - because, well... it wouldn't work, you can't make app to do processing from command line.
Hopefully someone, other than me would create a photoshop plug-in host with the SDK. I am staying out of it for now - because of the 64 bit support, but maybe I can start the project as open source. Also a gimp plugin support can be done.
WOW - so we could auto-add a dapped image as an overlay or something and keep working WOW!!

"DAP doesn't have command line" - that explains why Irfanview can't execute a send-to command to DAP..

Oscar
Site Admin

Post by Oscar »

Fluffbutt wrote: "DAP doesn't have command line" - that explains why Irfanview can't execute a send-to command to DAP..
I meant to do it of course but never had the "opportunity".

Fluffbutt

Post by Fluffbutt »

Oscar wrote: I meant to do it of course but never had the "opportunity".
:D :D

bil abington, pa

Post by bil abington, pa »

I'm working on simple things 1st to get a feel for things before I get into the spaghetti. Anyway the file below, I can't for the life of me figure out a way to put a bypass switch on the "Grain (Noise) Group". I have a knob to set the top layer's transparency but it would be a lot easier if I could just bypass altogether. Oscar maybe an "A - B switch"?
Attachments
BW.jpg
BW.jpg (80.94 KiB) Viewed 4870 times
Have Fun Bill
Bill Somogyi

Oscar
Site Admin

Post by Oscar »

If you put a bypass switch to blend layer, the bypass will short wire the a with output. So you need to put main line in the a of blend layer and the noise to b. You can still use swap layers check box , it doesn't matter to the bypass, it always connect what is physically connected to a with output.

bil abington, pa

Post by bil abington, pa »

Thank you! Thank you! Worked like a charm.
Have Fun Bill
Bill Somogyi

minstrel

Post by minstrel »

Need assistance on this one...

... I'm trying to dump the white background and make it transparent in the final output.
Attachments
make white transparent.jpg
make white transparent.jpg (178.87 KiB) Viewed 4841 times

Oscar
Site Admin

Post by Oscar »

This will do it:
alpha3.jpg
alpha3.jpg (92.05 KiB) Viewed 4826 times