Page 47 of 56

Re: Share Your Flows Here:

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:33 am
by Fluffbutt
A variation on another posts here; it mimics an "old paint" style, sort of like an oil painting that's been left in the attic for a century or so.
Old Paint.jpg
Old Paint.jpg (134.87 KiB) Viewed 3624 times

Re: Share Your Flows Here:

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:16 pm
by Cesare88
Despite countless hours, switching browsers and browser settings, etc., I too am unable to obtain from the photos uploaded here any attaching "flow algorithms".

However, I was able to download from this forum a couple GREAT flows that had been uploaded separately: "Watercolory2", "Almost Normal 2", "WMSimplify2", and "Watercolory".

In that regard, I would like to share here how astonishing the effects on ordinarily lack-luster low pixel images of 2013 Vanilla Party NYC:

I am unable to express the full-measure of my appreciation and gratitude to those here on the MMB Forums for uploading these flows! You guys are the best!

Re: Share Your Flows Here:

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:45 am
by Fluffbutt
Cesare88 wrote:Despite countless hours, switching browsers and browser settings, etc., I too am unable to obtain from the photos uploaded here any attaching "flow algorithms".
It might not be your browser, it might be your ISP re-compressing the images on-the-fly to reduce bandwidth. I know some do that.

Try this direct link -

download/file.php?id=7267

I know this has the flow in it.

This is what the flow looks like if you open the file in a text editor, the bold bit is the compressed flow. (It's how I check to see if an image here has a flow, I open it in MetaPad (a notepad replacement) - if I see the COMP and some bit looking like that below I know it's got a flow.
ÿØÿà JFIF ,, ÿâÜCOMP>vS
.pX9%u'drF4@D^:I ß @ @@
e K @
{y?=rg%yId˜|c?Zr yr dqb? der0u^dh,Drg,rhy=rudrd?,cd
If you want I can rar a few of my collection of flws and upload that for you?

Re: Share Your Flows Here:

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:07 am
by Cesare88
I am deeply and sincerely grateful for your consideration, courtesy and thought in helping me out!

I downloaded "Old Paint.jpg" and opened it with notepad (text editor), whereupon it revealed:

ÿØÿà JFIF ÿâ ÜCOMP vS

So it would at least "appear" the compressed flow is there somewhere within the jpg. However, when I open this image within Photo Reactor, I cannot find the compressed flow. Perhaps the trouble Im having is that I do not know how to use Photo Reactor to open these hidden compressed flows?

What would I do to detect the compression flow in the picture?

Finally, if you can upload some rar's of flows I would grateful for your kindness.

Once again, I want to thank you and others here in MMB forums from the bottom of my heart for the benefit of their wisdom and experience!

Power to the People!

Re: Share Your Flows Here:

Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:54 am
by Fluffbutt
Cesare88 wrote:I am deeply and sincerely grateful for your consideration, courtesy and thought in helping me out!

I downloaded "Old Paint.jpg" and opened it with notepad (text editor), whereupon it revealed:

ÿØÿà JFIF ÿâ ÜCOMP vS

So it would at least "appear" the compressed flow is there somewhere within the jpg. However, when I open this image within Photo Reactor, I cannot find the compressed flow. Perhaps the trouble Im having is that I do not know how to use Photo Reactor to open these hidden compressed flows?

What would I do to detect the compression flow in the picture?

Finally, if you can upload some rar's of flows I would grateful for your kindness.
OK - It means that you can at least download the picture and keep the flow in it.

What I do is open PR, open my starting image then drag and drop the image with the flow in it onto the main window.
A box then opens and asks "open as image or as flow" - select flow...

I'll rar up some and upload them, post back later:

Code: Select all

http://www.filefactory.com/file/5rk4y75csk4p/Painting_Styles_rar
Most are just snapshots with flows - drag and drop them into your window.

Re: Share Your Flows Here:

Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:01 am
by JEL
Fluffbutt wrote:What I do is open PR, open my starting image then drag and drop the image with the flow in it onto the main window.
A box then opens and asks "open as image or as flow" - select flow...
This is actually something that should be updated in PhotoReactor, in my opinion. You can NOT open a flow embedded inside an image, as far as I know, any other way than by dragging the image into PR.

It would be helpful if the open-menu either auto-detected flows in images (and gave the same option to choose whether to load the flow or the image, as it does when you drag) or had a direct 'open flow from image' option.

The drag'n'drop feature is not something, in my opinion, that should ever be used as an only method of operation in software. It really isn't easy for everybody to use.

Re: Share Your Flows Here:

Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:37 pm
by Fluffbutt
JEL wrote:
Fluffbutt wrote:What I do is open PR, open my starting image then drag and drop the image with the flow in it onto the main window.
A box then opens and asks "open as image or as flow" - select flow...
This is actually something that should be updated in PhotoReactor, in my opinion. You can NOT open a flow embedded inside an image, as far as I know, any other way than by dragging the image into PR.

It would be helpful if the open-menu either auto-detected flows in images (and gave the same option to choose whether to load the flow or the image, as it does when you drag) or had a direct 'open flow from image' option.

The drag'n'drop feature is not something, in my opinion, that should ever be used as an only method of operation in software. It really isn't easy for everybody to use.
I'll agree with that - most people who use a computer are not greatly literate in all the little ins and outs (and that's just an observation, not a negative comment on them) of computers.

Most people go to the "open" menu or click on the "open" icon on the menu bar; not too many even know or think about drag n drop.

Re: Share Your Flows Here:

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:03 pm
by bil abington, pa
It's interesting, what do they say? "Different strokes (excuse the pun) for different folks." I use the drop and drag all the time. I love it when I'm working on a flow and haven't completed it yet and have a couple different variations. I have the preview right there to grab the one I want.

Re: Share Your Flows Here:

Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:14 pm
by atomicmak
My First trial.

Re: Share Your Flows Here:

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:10 pm
by andydansby
A little test with the watercolor flow, but using the Kuwahara Blur instead of shock smooth.

Flower fun
Multilayer_Yellow_Hibiscus_Final 1.jpg
Multilayer_Yellow_Hibiscus_Final 1.jpg (164.25 KiB) Viewed 3354 times
Enjoy
Andy Dansby