DAP 5.0 released

Discussion about Mediachance DAP
Oscar
Site Admin

Re: DAP 5.0 released

Post by Oscar »

Lugi I am afraid the layers have to be recreated again for the new system- I had to do it to all the stock layers presets by myself, since the new system is different. I think I even renamed the extension just to be sure they don't get mixed up.
I think the rename got forgotten when I removed the presets from painter tab. In any case it has to be updated now as there are more files with the variations.

Yuma

Post by Yuma »

Oscar - one important thing which I'm really missing in DAP 5 is switching between AOPs while you paint. I mean, I could pause and switch to another AOP without pushing stop button in DAP 4. Is it still the plan for DAP 5? Thanks.

lylejk

Post by lylejk »

mhwarner wrote:
lylejk wrote:Without installing to find out, how much does it cost to upgrade DAP4 to DAP5, Oscar?
$48 plus $3.05 in tax
Thanks for the info, Mary. :)

aleksbank

Post by aleksbank »

I do not see the description of the effects in the Quick Tools.

Oscar
Site Admin

Post by Oscar »

Yuma wrote:Oscar - one important thing which I'm really missing in DAP 5 is switching between AOPs while you paint. I mean, I could pause and switch to another AOP without pushing stop button in DAP 4. Is it still the plan for DAP 5? Thanks.
Yes it is a plan. The pause and switch template was a bit unfortunate feature for me (lot of chances for error so I disabled it for time being) but I will put that back. It just need a whole new set of testing for that feature alone as there is zillion of parameters that need to be reset at a correct time (because you may mix older template with new ones etc...) It is just bit messy.

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

Thanks for DAP 5 -- especially the batch processing. I am glad I upgraded.

DAP 5 is running flawlessly for me with Wine on a Linux system.
(I currently and running DAP-5.0.3 on a Gentoo Linux system with wine-1.8.2)

Steve Taylor

Post by Steve Taylor »

If I use the right click command open with DAP on an image it does not open just crashes

ggyoung1952

Post by ggyoung1952 »

I'm having issues with batch processing in DAP 5.0 crashing the program in the middle of large batches. The most recent was after 263 of 370 images. This is a random problem. Windows 7 PC with 16 mb RAM. Anyone else having issues?

Steve Taylor

Post by Steve Taylor »

I found also that I cannot pause DAP and then choose another style. The styles are all blanked out (grey)

LigH

Post by LigH »

To over-paint with different templates, you would finish (or stop) one painting session, select another template, uncheck the box to clear the image before painting, and start the next session.
#MediaChances — a deviantArtist group