How do I get support for Mediachance products?

Discussion about Mediachance DAP
HowDoIGetSupport

How do I get support for Mediachance products?

Post by HowDoIGetSupport »

I’ve tried emailing, using the Mediachance website contact form and reaching out via Twitter, all yielding absolutely ZERO response!

Now I’m probably wasting more time on this forum.

This must be the worst after-sales support in Human history?

Can anyone tell me how I obtain support and upgrade information for my licensed products please?

Is Mediachance still an active company or have they gone out of business, which would explain the lack of response to my multiple requests?!

Very frustrating indeed!!!

lcanter

Re: How do I get support for Mediachance products?

Post by lcanter »

Sadly I don't think you'll ever get support - I've been trying for over a week and am about to permanently give up on DAP, which I've been using (and purchasing) for at least 7 years.

dgilmour

Post by dgilmour »

Hello,
Mediachance is the one-person company, and anything can happen to him (for example, he can sail away in a rowboat around the world). I'm going to make this topic sticky, so as soon as Oscar will be back you'll get reply (I hope).
Have you tried to contact via e-mail address from this page?
https://who.is/whois/mmbforums.com

lcanter

Post by lcanter »

Then he should do what any normal business person would - send an automatic email to anyone making an inquiry, telling when they may get an answer. Perhaps something happened to him? Whatever, support is non-existent and numerous people have lost money because of it, myself included.

dgilmour

Post by dgilmour »

dgilmour wrote:anything can happen to him
When I said this the bad scenario was also implied. But it's usual for him to disappear for a months and then return back, so let's think in the positive way. And yes, he's most probably not a normal business person.

HowDoIGetSupport

Ah well, never mind. I’m sure if we wait a few more months DAP 7 will be released and everything will burst into frantic activity for a brief flurry of gratuitous upgrade emails? At least that’s what happened with DAP 6, ‘HEY GUYS IT’S OUT!!, BUY IT NOW! if you need any support I’ll be at the pool without internet m’kay??!’ Yeah not good!

dgilmour

Post by dgilmour »

Did anyone tried email that is specified as the domain owner contact? The one I’ve referred above?

HowDoIGetSupport

OK I've tried various methods of contact, but I've taken your advice and I've sent the following message to the email registered on the domain: -

Re: Mediachance support for licensed customers

Hi, I hope this email finds you alive and well!

Were you thinking about ever providing support for your paid customers, at any point ever again?

People on your MMBforums that have invested time and effort into your software have been waiting months for suitable help and assistance and yet they are ignored and are even talking of abandoning mediachance software due to lack of interest/support from you.

I’m assuming that you’ve given up supporting your software now as that’s how it seems to most - that’s a great pity as your software was unique and genuinely GREAT!

How about you take some time to logon to your forum and assist your customers, or at the very least put up an update post to inform them of your intentions if you’ve had a change of circumstances and can no longer provide support!

The frustration arises from hearing nothing from you for so long, yet when there’s an imminent new version release; the posts, emails and website updates start arriving thick and fast?

If you’ve got issues, just be honest and let folk know - they’ll probably be very understanding.

If however, you’re intentionally ignoring your customers that need help and support, then shame on you as you’ve taken their money in good faith.

Some form of response would be appreciated; I’ve tried multiple times making contact via email, using the website contact form and via your twitter account and have received zero response thus far!

Yours sincerely,

A Licensed customer that requires support/upgrade info

HowDoIGetSupport

So, still absolutely no response from Mediachance. I can only conclude this software is abandoned and no future support is likely.

That leaves me with very limited options:-

1) Continue to use my old version 5 of Dap Pro unsupported!
2) Purchase a new Full version of Dap Pro 6 (also unsupported) from the still live Mediachance website.
3) Completely write off the investment made in my 3 Licensed Mediachance products and move onto alternative software.

I did try and inject a little bit of tongue-in-cheek humour to my recent posts regarding Mediachance support, hoping that may provoke some response from Oscar; I won’t make any more posts though as I do fear the worst for him. It just doesn’t make sense for a complete blackout in any activity or support, therefor out of respect I will desist from making any further posts in this forum and as per option 3 above; I’ll delete all mediachance software from my machine and reluctantly move on!

I wish Oscar and all you Mediachance customers and members of this forum all the very best.

Goodbye!

HowDoIGetSupport

Actually, not quite goodbye yet....

I'm happy to report that I've eventually had contact from Oscar who is now helping me to resolve my Issue.

Once I get my own issue resolved, I'll try and get a heads-up from him on the best way for users to get help and support from him going forward and I'll feedback any response here!

Progress is progress, as they say ;-)