Members Paintings (General)

Discussion about Mediachance DAP
Chilly-Willy

Re: Members Paintings (General)

Post by Chilly-Willy »

Hi Jacenty, I do like the idea of this
PhotoFunia-1605923539.jpg
but why did you not continue the female theme throughout. The lion and ox look out of place.

Chilly-Willy

Post by Chilly-Willy »

Hi LugiB, I for one would like to use your latest AOP when finished. As I have not looked at creating any AOPs myself, I was wondering if with your knowledge of using DAP and creating AOPs you could let me know if the following is possible either through DAP or AOP creation.

My biggest bugbear while using AOPs is of the distinct lack of paint blending, in the real world an artist using (watercolour, oil, pastel, chalk & pencil) 'brush' strokes do blend or can be blended into each other. This is something I try to achieve in post-processing using lightroom, while still showing some detail of the brush strokes.

LugiB

Post by LugiB »

Chilly-Willy wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:18 am
Hi LugiB, I for one would like to use your latest AOP when finished. As I have not looked at creating any AOPs myself, I was wondering if with your knowledge of using DAP and creating AOPs you could let me know if the following is possible either through DAP or AOP creation.

My biggest bugbear while using AOPs is of the distinct lack of paint blending, in the real world an artist using (watercolour, oil, pastel, chalk & pencil) 'brush' strokes do blend or can be blended into each other. This is something I try to achieve in post-processing using lightroom, while still showing some detail of the brush strokes.

Hi Chilly-Willy - I have no idea!
This would be a question to ask Oscar...

Jacenty

Post by Jacenty »

Chilly-Willy wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:56 am
Hi Jacenty, I do like the idea of this
PhotoFunia-1605923539.jpg
but why did you not continue the female theme throughout. The lion and ox look out of place.
Hi! There is a webpage with templates, where you can add yours photos to create this images: https://com.photofunia.com
PhotoFunia-1605930402.jpg
PhotoFunia-1605930402.jpg (562.18 KiB) Viewed 177 times

Jacenty

Post by Jacenty »

100_3815_DAP_Pragmatico.jpg
100_3815_DAP_Pragmatico.jpg (667.05 KiB) Viewed 184 times

Chilly-Willy

Post by Chilly-Willy »

Thanks Jacenty for the heads up on this web site https://photofunia.com/

But tbh the bulk of your painting could be done in Photoshop, which was my thinking to create something along those lines.

Here is something I create many years ago, but give it a DAP twist. What do you think?
Butterfly Jigsaw 9.jpg
Butterfly Jigsaw 9.jpg (495.92 KiB) Viewed 162 times

Jacenty

Post by Jacenty »

Chilly-Willy wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:14 pm
Thanks Jacenty for the heads up on this web site https://photofunia.com/

But tbh the bulk of your painting could be done in Photoshop, which was my thinking to create something along those lines.

Here is something I create many years ago, but give it a DAP twist. What do you think?

Butterfly Jigsaw 9.jpg
Honestly I don't understand your comment about Photoshop. This forum is is about DAP. I chose this software because of its possibilities and features and I'm posting the effects of its use.

Jacenty

Post by Jacenty »

No Photoshop was used in the making of this image ;-)
DSC04919_DAP_vangogh4.jpg
DSC04919_DAP_vangogh4.jpg (682.74 KiB) Viewed 147 times

Chilly-Willy

Post by Chilly-Willy »

Jacenty, sorry for the confusion
than was me thinking out loud. As to the reference of Photoshop - as you have used an image from a web site to display your DAP paintings, I have used Photoshop to display mine. Below is my finished Photoshop take on displaying DAP paintings in a gallery setting.
WJC Art Gallery.jpg
WJC Art Gallery.jpg (445.2 KiB) Viewed 108 times

BTW Jacenty, only the couple are 'real' - everything else was created in Photoshop, even the space images. I used DAP to produce painted images, which were then tweaked in Lightroom, then transferred back to Photoshop for framing. I know that I am new at using DAP, but I have shown throughout this forum workflows I have used in creating paintings (unlike others including yourself who have NO interest in showing members what workflows they have used)

Jacenty

Post by Jacenty »

PhotoFunia-1606100739.jpg
PhotoFunia-1606100739.jpg (270.34 KiB) Viewed 90 times