Does any other software do it?

Multimedia Builder (Legacy Forum)
Forum rules
This forum is now locked but only TEMPORARY. We will see if the spam countermeasures work on the other live forums and if so, the forum will be unlocked.
Note, MMB has been discontinued for a decade.
tomasball

Does any other software do it?

Post by tomasball »

I have gotten awfully spoiled by MMB, and a little lost since it's been discontinued. I have a favorite project that has generated some interest, and I wonder if there's a comparable program that will do it as well as MMB does.

I have a virtual environment made out of short avi videos made in a 3d rendering program, and linked together with MMB. The user begins by watching a looping video that shows a field with medieval tents, pennants flapping in the wind. When "enter" is clicked, a new video takes over, and the view moves across the field to another vantage point, and another looping video takes over, until the user clicks again, and so on.

Works great on MMB. Seamless trasitions between videos. One video triggers another. Creates a beautiful effect, and really draws the viewer into the scene.

I have been trying to find another software that can do that. Powerpoint seems to do a really sloppy job of loading videos...lots of blinking and pausing. I would also really be interested to know if there was a software that could make a DVD that would play the same way...interactively (seamlessly) move from looping videos to non-looping, then to looping again.
Lenrev

Re: Does any other software do it?

Post by Lenrev »

tomasball wrote:I have gotten awfully spoiled by MMB, and a little lost since it's been discontinued. I have a favorite project that has generated some interest, and I wonder if there's a comparable program that will do it as well as MMB does.

I have a virtual environment made out of short avi videos made in a 3d rendering program, and linked together with MMB. The user begins by watching a looping video that shows a field with medieval tents, pennants flapping in the wind. When "enter" is clicked, a new video takes over, and the view moves across the field to another vantage point, and another looping video takes over, until the user clicks again, and so on.

Works great on MMB. Seamless trasitions between videos. One video triggers another. Creates a beautiful effect, and really draws the viewer into the scene.

I have been trying to find another software that can do that. Powerpoint seems to do a really sloppy job of loading videos...lots of blinking and pausing. I would also really be interested to know if there was a software that could make a DVD that would play the same way...interactively (seamlessly) move from looping videos to non-looping, then to looping again.

Try DVD Authoring Studio Pro. Great Software. Can do all of the above in DVD plus more.
tomasball

Post by tomasball »

I'm having trouble finding anything with that exact name. Can you show me a link?
Lenrev

Post by Lenrev »

http://mediachance.com/dvdlab/index.html

Hopes this helps. Sorry for the name mix-up. Its called DVD LAB Pro.
Last edited by Lenrev on Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tomasball

Post by tomasball »

Oh, no wonder I couldn't find it by seaching for that name. I had looked at a demo version of that a while back, and perhaps I just didn't understand all the features. I suppose I could take another look. But who's to say Mediachance won't just get bored with this one and drop it after a couple more years?
Lenrev

Post by Lenrev »

Cant say. Been a while since this product was refreshed.
polartech

Post by polartech »

Why do you need to change and author on a currently supported platform if it already does everything that you need it to?

MMB is well abandoned yet constantly allows me to produce amazing output even in 2021! :)
Nigg

Post by Nigg »

Windows will probably throw a wrench in the works at some point and MMB apps will no longer work. But that may take a few more years. Until then, I'm on your side, it just works....