DAP 6.2 BETA Unicode

Discussion about Mediachance DAP
Oscar
Site Admin

DAP 6.2 BETA Unicode

Post by Oscar »

dapbeta.jpg
dapbeta.jpg (211.63 KiB) Viewed 494 times
As you may notice already (or not), I use this time of "stay-at-home" to completely rebuild all the codebase from old non-unicode to the recent UNICODE tool set.

Sounds like fun, right? There are thousands of lines that need to be changed, and that also includes libraries such as Reactor etc...

Some of the libraries and code takes us back 20 years ago (although that isn't the issue with DAP nor Reactor, it's code is newer and had been already partially rebuilt 2, 3 times).

Some of my really old applications can be currently built only with older MS tools - and only on a single computer that is setup for such a horrific task. (For example, Ultra-Snap was compilable only on VC6 which I bought in 1999 - in a store that no longer exists - oh the good old times - so obviously it is a good time to rebuild all the code for modern tools)

Both Photo Reactor and DAP had been rebuild now.

The goal of the BETA is not to introduce any additional changes but to make sure the code transition went smoothly.

For the Photo Reactor Beta:
https://www.mediachance.com/reactor/beta.html

For the DAP Beta
https://www.mediachance.com/dap/beta.html

It would be good if you can run these BETA applications and see if there are some issues. Each took many days to clean and rebuild and many old dependencies resolved, and I am very happy that the code is now much cleaner, compiles everywhere and I could put some of the dinosaur tools to rest. But with so much code changes, there will be issues - hopefully just minor.

Regardless of how the above work or not, they should not break the current versions in any way. So if some things go downhill, just use the current official versions back. In the case of DAP, the files are just added to the current DAP PRO folder (but not replace any) which will allow you to run the current official version or the new BETA version. It should be easy to setup.

Ok, back to my bunker, more code to crunch....

LadyArtist

Re: DAP 6.2 BETA Unicode

Post by LadyArtist »

I extracted the beta to DAP 6 , tried to move the Dap beta shortcut to my desktop, the beta won't load from the desktop, I get an error message of missing file. However, when I go to the DAP 6 program file, I can load the beta from there.

rgalka

Post by rgalka »

Good to see you are still maintaining DAP.. hopefully that may mean some new features ahead.. ;O)

Downloading now... thanks

Oscar
Site Admin

Post by Oscar »

LadyArtist wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:53 am
I extracted the beta to DAP 6 , tried to move the Dap beta shortcut to my desktop, the beta won't load from the desktop, I get an error message of missing file. However, when I go to the DAP 6 program file, I can load the beta from there.
Yeah,, you didn't create shortcut, you copied the exe to desktop. You need to hold ALT while dragging, or click with right mouse button then drag - then it will pop menu what to do, copy, move or create shortcut.

Oscar
Site Admin

Post by Oscar »

rgalka wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:47 pm
Good to see you are still maintaining DAP.. hopefully that may mean some new features ahead.. ;O)

Downloading now... thanks
Yes I have good plans.

LadyArtist

Post by LadyArtist »

Oscar wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:10 pm
LadyArtist wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:53 am
Yeah,, you didn't create shortcut, you copied the exe to desktop. You need to hold ALT while dragging, or click with right mouse button then drag - then it will pop menu what to do, copy, move or create shortcut.
Thanks Oscar, I did the hold ALT while dragging, that worked ! Thanks, looking forward to trying out the beta !

Steve Taylor

Post by Steve Taylor »

Is my Serial number for DAP6 supposed to work with this Beta?