UltraSnap PRO news

Oscar
Site Admin

UltraSnap PRO news

Post by Oscar »

UltraSnap PRO was created from a clone of Real DRAW back then but it took a development on its own and it actually offers more functionality than Real-Draw.
Not only that, there is a new version 5 coming up, that will actually have far more new features.
Which is all sort of interesting in a software that was supposed to be a clipboard snapping tool.

There are some issues to solve in meantime:
- I am not sure about the name UltraSnap anymore. It is far more everything else than a screen grabbing application. More that now the name is used for Surface ATP Test by Hygiena now.
- What is with Real-DRAW, its parent? Its code is now miles behind that I am actually thinking to build new version of Real-Draw out of UltraSnap code.
- The new animation features are shaping up pretty well and more fun than intended - should I put effort to create actually a new animation software?

Here are the new upcoming features for UltraSnap 5

- Signature tool - draw with your mouse and the signature tool creates a nice looking smooth polynome with some clever curve relaxing techniques.
- New Line only NPR styles for hand drawn look.
signature.jpg
signature.jpg (38.31 KiB) Viewed 304 times
- Ability to run photo reactor effect from inside UltraSnap, but not only ordinary on bitmaps - you can run it as a Shape Reactor where the PhotoReactor will change the vector shape of the object (and the result is vector!)
reactor.jpg
reactor.jpg (101.58 KiB) Viewed 302 times

- Pretty decent SVG import. With SVG you can exchange vectors with other apps. You could export from UltraSnap, but you couldn't import SVG back. Now you can.
svg.jpg
svg.jpg (59.08 KiB) Viewed 302 times

- New Animation. I just needed some animated gifs so I thought I would add some simple animation feature - and then I kept adding on it. It seems to be very easy to create psychadelic animation because of the animated texture function.
animate.jpg
animate.jpg (398.46 KiB) Viewed 300 times

There are some interesting things, like bounce motions etc so creating animation like this is not a big deal:

Export can be done in CSS, Animated GIF or full AVI video.

rgalka

Re: UltraSnap PRO news

Post by rgalka »

Glad to see that you are developing new things.. I will look at the trial version when it becomes available, but I don't see this a being something that I would find myself needing. ;O)

Unless there is something it can do that other established programs can't do.... If it perhaps can do some pre-processing images to pass onto DAP.. so that I didn't have to fire up Photoshop just for some quick simplifying or color changes... that might be useful. ;O)

Oscar
Site Admin

Post by Oscar »

Well, once I am done with this thing I will start on the DAP. I have backlog of new features.

rgalka

Post by rgalka »

OK.. take your time. ;O)