Suggestions for free image sites?

Discussion about Mediachance DAP
LadyArtist

Suggestions for free image sites?

Post by LadyArtist »

I use Pixabay, Unsplash.. Any other free image sites?
rgalka

Re: Suggestions for free image sites?

Post by rgalka »

Try this one...

https://unsplash.com/
Chilly-Willy

Post by Chilly-Willy »

Would be very interested to read your thoughts. All of my artwork posted on the forum has been based on my photographs, why not use/take your photographs and create original works of art that you can fully indorse as your work.
My photographs are used in the displayed artwork
LadyArtist

Post by LadyArtist »

I've had a bad experience of people stealing my work and claiming as theirs. So, I take the view , if you don't want it stolen, don't post it.

Chilly-Willy wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:45 am Would be very interested to read your thoughts. All of my artwork posted on the forum has been based on my photographs, why not use/take your photographs and create original works of art that you can fully indorse as your work.
rgalka

Post by rgalka »

Chilly-Willy wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:45 am Would be very interested to read your thoughts. All of my artwork posted on the forum has been based on my photographs, why not use/take your photographs and create original works of art that you can fully indorse as your work.
There are various reasons... one that I think is important are for those that cannot travel... there are various reasons for that as well.. money, physical disabilities, responsibilities that keep them home...
Chilly-Willy

Post by Chilly-Willy »

Hi LadyArtist sorry to hear of your bad experience, and I totally agree with you on this point
if you don't want it stolen, don't post it
Oh so many questions I want to ask, but I do not want to hi-jack this post. If you are willing to continue I will post a question or too here on my topic viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7312

Rgalka, that may be true for some members, but even those that are housebound can create art. I am lucky that I am not housebound, but as an example to disprove your reasoning, I will give you the back story to my artwork 'Reflective Beauty' which was posted here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6558&start=110. The flower is artificial and was placed on a smoked glass top bedroom drawer unit to give the reflection.
My photographs are used in the displayed artwork
rgalka

Post by rgalka »

Chilly.. no argument.. you certainly can create art if you are housebound... but still-lifes may not be what a person yerns to create... landscapes and cityscapes, seascapes, cultural celebrations, street scenes, wildlife in their natural habitat...

So you and i can agree that you can create art in your bedroom.. that does not prove that people don't have visions that they want to create that may be on the other side of the planet. And that is not only a restriction for a house bound person.. I am totally physically fit and mobile, but i cannot afford to visit the places I want to portray, or have access to the people that i want to include in my artwork.. some of whom are no longer with us.

And I certainly do not condone using copyright material without permission... although copyright laws do contain clauses for artistic use.
But with the amount of material offered up without restrictions.... why not use it. ;O)
rgalka

Post by rgalka »

And i meant to add.. that there is also a consideration for using material for the purpose of learning and experimenting as opposed to creating for profit. ;O)
stinarubin

Post by stinarubin »

I can totally endorse this kind of thinking.

However, to make good digital art from your own photos you need to have some kind of eye for photography in the first place. And since owning a camera does not make one a photographer that road is not the best one to stroll down for everybody, I believe Pixabay (lord have mercy on photographers and graphic artists who hand out their work for free) is an excellent place to find inspiration and photos if you cannot produce them yourself.
tartine78

Post by tartine78 »

You can try

https://search.creativecommons.org/
and
https://archive.org/details/image?and[] ... 22image%22 (you can choos between Nasa, metroplitan and so on)

with bw photo you can use https://deoldify.ai/ or https://colourise.com to color it before going dap.