Mp3 Meta Data / ID Tags

Multimedia Builder (Legacy Forum)
Forum rules
This forum is now locked but only TEMPORARY. We will see if the spam countermeasures work on the other live forums and if so, the forum will be unlocked.
Note, MMB has been discontinued for a decade.
Sk8cynic

Mp3 Meta Data / ID Tags

Post by Sk8cynic »

Hi,

Is there some way to force the MMB player to load and display only the music filename in a list box? I have several mp3 files that display the ID v2 or IDv3 tags instead of the file name of the song. I can strip out the meta data in the mp3 files but it's a pain to keep doing that. Right now, I use a third party utility to strip the ID tag data so only the filename like "MySong.mp3" shows in the list box instead of the album title, track #, or some other data that I don't need or want to see. The "Search for ID Tags" checkbox is unchecked in the List Box dialogue window, but I've tried it both ways to no avail.

I would like to know if there is some way to do this natively, hopefully without a plugin. There was another post in this forum about this but I wasn't sure about the information. I could not find any info about this in the MMB samples, other examples or help file.

Here is the code I'm using to load the list box items:

ListBoxGetSelectedItems("SongList","Items$,ItemsNum$,#,NumItems")
For i=1 To NumItems
t$ = GetArrayItem(Items$,#,i)
numitem$ = GetArrayItem(ItemsNum$,#,i)
SongListPlay("VAL(numitem$)")
LoadText("Text18","STRING:t$")
Next i

Thanks for any help.
Delboy

Re: Mp3 Meta Data / ID Tags

Post by Delboy »

This always load filename for me if you uncheck Search For ID Tags on ListBox (SongList) Object Properties

Code: Select all

mp3dir$=CBK_OpenDir
If (mp3dir$ <> '') Then
  SearchForFiles("mp3dir$","mp3")
  ListBoxAddItem("SongList","RESET")
  ListBoxAddItem("SongList","<List>")
  ListBoxSortItems("SongList","NAME")
  SongListReset()
  ListBoxGetItems("SongList","<List>")
End
DMFX Player v3.0.9.7 Released 02/03/2016